WWE RAW 31/01 Discussion thread

Ron Simmons

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thought it was a good show. Lawler's punch to the face of Dibiase is tied with Morrison's Rumble antics for moment of the year so far. What a punch.

Agree with others, Cole is just plain irritating. Jos Matthews "I'd like to see somebody punch you in the face" was great.

Enjoyed all of the show except that stupid Dance off. If it leads to a WrestleMania dance off with Rikishi coming back for one night only, I'll let them off!

Liked the way they shifted the focus from Cena/Nexus to Orton/Nexus. Should lead to Cena/Miz and Punk/Orton at WM which rounds out the Raw side nicely. Don't like the punt to the "skull". To me, kicking a defenceless bloke in the head is the most cowardly thing a person can do in a fight. I hate it.

Disagree with dopper about Cena. Why would he be stupidly angry? He arrives at the show and finds out that he's got two chances to become #1 contender in the next 3 weeks. That would appease any bad mood. Did the Raw GM have advanced warning that Del Rio was picking Edge? Because otherwise, he put together the main event and the Elimination Chamber PPV very quickly. Good work, anonymous GM.

Liked those little video's. I think it's Chuck Norris.

Disagree with dopper about Cena. Why would he be stupidly angry? He arrives at the show and finds out that he's got two chances to become #1 contender in the next 3 weeks. That would appease any bad mood.

You're right. I had forgot the Raw Rumble announcement preceded Cena's arrival. :blush:

Really enjoyed this Raw, was a lot better than I thought it would be, even without Big Kev. Other than the dance off I can't think of one thing I didn't like on the show, the Bella's look like they might be decent heels, Bryan and Kidd had a good little match, the main event was good, Layla is still the fittest thing going so that tag match was worth watching, just consistently good all the way through

For the first time since the Nexus invasion I genuinely can't wait to see next weeks episode and with it getting to Mania season I can only imagine it'll keep getting better, in fact if they keep Raw exciting and build up a Maryse/Layla Lesbo Lockdown match at Mania I might even order it on Box Office

• Paid Members
Thought it was a good show. Lawler's punch to the face of Dibiase is tied with Morrison's Rumble antics for moment of the year so far. What a punch.

Yeah, it was brilliant. Lawler's always included at the top of any list of "best punches", and this showed why. I genuinely can't decide whether he really tagged him!

REmDu.gif

Agree with others, Cole is just plain irritating. Jos Matthews "I'd like to see somebody punch you in the face" was great.

Ah, I'm the odd one out. Cole always gets a laugh out of me. I'm pleased to see the other announcers finally start showing their irritation to him too; that adds a nice dimension.

Don't like the punt to the "skull". To me, kicking a defenceless bloke in the head is the most cowardly thing a person can do in a fight. I hate it.

I've never thought of it like that. I think I see it more as part of the accepted norms of wrestling, where the first step in resolving any conflict is to punch the antagonist in the face. I like that it's the one Murder-Death-Kill move on the roster, and it promises a mega-moment when he uses it in desperation and somebody actually kicks out of it.

I will be tuning in for the next few weeks to see where they go with these story lines. I really enjoyed raw this week (given the FFW button helps skip through entrances which take up time). Lawler winning was a feel good moment and the whole raw rumble was really effective. Lawler never wrestling at WM is a nice touch too.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Raw. Dance off didn't really need to happen but other than that we had some ok matches.

The Santino and Kozlov match served the purpose. With Randy Orton taking out members of nexus afterwards I agree with alot of you that Otunga is wank and he should have got booted in the head aways next week though. The match it self was ok nothing great in there and short.

Daniel Bryan is still going strong Tyson Kidd will be getting his "We wish him all the best for the future" in the coming months. Also where has Jackson Andrews gone?

Is Ted trying to grow a beard? I can't grow one properly so i am not taking shots at him but its been weeks and it does not look anywhere near as good as this mans. Also the Punch by Jerry was brutal.

ted-dibiase1.jpg

The rumble was entertaining and had some good spots but what i want to know. If Cena wins at elimination chamber. Miz beats Jerry, will Jerry have a rematch clause. This would possibly set up a triple threat at Mania but not sure if that would work. It would stack the odds against Miz though. I hope Miz goes onto win at Mania. it will make him look stronger a clean win over Cena but i just can't see it happening.

I like that it's the one Murder-Death-Kill move on the roster, and it promises a mega-moment when he uses it in desperation and somebody actually kicks out of it.

Has anyone kicked out of it? I feel like it hasn't always been presented as dangerously as it is now, but I can't recall anyone kicking out after it.

Yeah, it was brilliant. Lawler's always included at the top of any list of "best punches", and this showed why. I genuinely can't decide whether he really tagged him!

REmDu.gif

Ah, I'm the odd one out. Cole always gets a laugh out of me. I'm pleased to see the other announcers finally start showing their irritation to him too; that adds a nice dimension.

Don't like the punt to the "skull". To me, kicking a defenceless bloke in the head is the most cowardly thing a person can do in a fight. I hate it.

I've never thought of it like that. I think I see it more as part of the accepted norms of wrestling, where the first step in resolving any conflict is to punch the antagonist in the face. I like that it's the one Murder-Death-Kill move on the roster, and it promises a mega-moment when he uses it in desperation and somebody actually kicks out of it.

I think judging by that clip there he really did smack him. I havnt watched it back yet I have it on my planner.

Quick edit ~ Does anyone remember the punch he hit on Taz when he was bullying JR? that looked really good

I dont think anyone will ever kick out the punt and if they do its just silly. A move that is supposed to take people out for literally months shouldnt be kicked out of in 3 seconds?

• Paid Members

REmDu.gif

I think judging by that clip there he really did smack him. I havnt watched it back yet I have it on my planner.

Quick edit ~ Does anyone remember the punch he hit on Taz when he was bullying JR? that looked really good

I dont think anyone will ever kick out the punt and if they do its just silly. A move that is supposed to take people out for literally months shouldnt be kicked out of in 3 seconds?

Cena didn't kick out of it but in 2009 hell in a cell Orton completly missed with his kick got the pin. Cena was standing up in the ring less than 30 seconds later. Cole was saying Orton had a bad leg or something to that effect so it didn't get full impact.

So Cena could probably kick out of the Punt. He is SuperCena

WHAT A PUNCH!!

So any Raw with Jerry Lawler in a main spot is gonna be pretty good... its 2011 and the best wrestler WWE has in Lawler :)

Lawler vs Cole HAS to happen at WM :) Best match on the card already

Surely now the only way they can reintroduce HHH is coming through a trap door at the Elimination Chamber PPV to attack Sheamus?

They can't do that! They did that last year, when Shawn Michaels came out and Superkicked The Undertaker. I'm starting to think that he isn't coming back, and that he just wanted to leave in ring action with out the big fuss that Flair got.

I must say Del Rio is getting better, and he is getting more and more heat which can only be a good thing. His fued with Edge should be good, even Edge did okay on Raw (he has been total balls for ages) hopefully they can play up the fact that Del Rio injured Christian and Edge will attempt to get revenge.

Good Raw too, hopefully they keep this up on the road to wm!

The rumble was entertaining and had some good spots but what i want to know. If Cena wins at elimination chamber. Miz beats Jerry, will Jerry have a rematch clause. This would possibly set up a triple threat at Mania but not sure if that would work. It would stack the odds against Miz though. I hope Miz goes onto win at Mania. it will make him look stronger a clean win over Cena but i just can't see it happening.

I think Lawler might win at EC, with Miz wanting a rematch on Raw which he will win with help from Riley, then Lawler can challenge Riley to a match at Mania.

Surely now the only way they can reintroduce HHH is coming through a trap door at the Elimination Chamber PPV to attack Sheamus?

They can't do that! They did that last year, when Shawn Michaels came out and Superkicked The Undertaker. I'm starting to think that he isn't coming back, and that he just wanted to leave in ring action with out the big fuss that Flair got.

He is being advertised for house shows and dark matches in March, so he should be back soon you'd assume!

Archived