Impact Spoilers for Thursday

PowerButchi

What they could have done was had Angle, Scotty, Anderson, Morgan and Big Red form a faction, had someone like Hernandez return as part of it and had one big defection from Immortal.

I don't really understand why everyone who was wronged by Immortal/Fortune didn't team up. Every time someone like Morgan got attacked I was waiting for guys like Angle, Anderson and RVD to run in for the save, but they never did. Even Joe and Pope were victims of Immortal/Fortune but for some reason they're preoccupied with fighting each other in a meaningless feud that nobody really wants to see.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The saddest thing for me was Joe. I remember being a huge fan of his. He just looks like the most irrelevant shit midcarder now. They might as well just get shot of him for all the impact he makes. And the heel turn of Pope has been awful, his promo was a terrible mishmash.

• Paid Members

They had so much opportunity with the Pope heel turn too, he looked like he was going to be a promising bad guy with the whole corruption angle, but they feuded him with the biggest charisma vaccuum in the company.

The saddest thing for me was Joe. I remember being a huge fan of his. He just looks like the most irrelevant shit midcarder now. They might as well just get shot of him for all the impact he makes. And the heel turn of Pope has been awful, his promo was a terrible mishmash.

Be good if they could dismiss Joe but he signed a multi-year contract recently :(

I died a little inside when Pope stole that guys laptop in a stupidly contrived way a few weeks ago.

HE'S BAD NOW. DO YOU SEE? LOOK HOW BAD HE IS. HE STOLE A MANS LAPTOP. SWEEERRRRVE.

^ That's exactly how subtle that scene was.

• Paid Members

Didn't help that he had his "muscle" standing behind him looking like a dickhead with sunburn.

I'm past caring about the Pope.They had their opportunity with them in about May when he was at his height. Now he looks a spent character. They blown it with him. Same with Samoa Joe. Joe looks like he's beyond repair.

My thoughts about Pope exactly. WTF happend? He looked like he was on the verge of being a new main eventer and big star.. 2 unfortunate injuries later and he's so far from being a credible contender its not even funny.

I'm doing my best to be a TNA mark, but my efforts are continually undermined by stuff like this. I get the whole "They" parallel of those who formed Immortal being there all along, and therefore the other "They" had to have been there all along, but this is clearly damage control because they couldn't get Nash and Sting back.

AJ can work face, as can Beer Money, so it's not 100% awful, I suppose, but Kazarian NEEDS to be a heel - he's just too boring as a face, and fits the sleazy, Tully Blanchard-style heel mould perfectly.

Guess they had to come up with a plan pretty quickly lol

I agree about the kaz bit though , AJ and Beer Money are super over when face.

• Paid Members

I didn't read the spoilers prior to the show so didn't actually see the Fortune turn coming. I suspected AJ might turn or do something suspicious but I didn't expect the whole group to turn on Immortal. For that reason, I dug it! AJ's promo at the show's conclusion was good, but Kennedy and Hardy's dueling promo segment earlier in the show was brilliant. Sometimes the guys in TNA recently have really delivered when it comes to the promo aspect especially when you compare it to some of the WWE stars.

I'm past caring about the Pope.They had their opportunity with them in about May when he was at his height. Now he looks a spent character. They blown it with him. Same with Samoa Joe. Joe looks like he's beyond repair.

I hadn't watched Impact since a couple of shows after Bound For Glory and it was immediately apparent that his star power and momentum has fallen, a real shame. Ditto for Joe, but I stopped caring about him a fair while back. It's never too late for them to start pushing back up the ladder though. It could happen in a number of different ways really, character reshuffles, a break from our screens to freshen up for a return, etc.

I thought most of the show was 'just OK', but from the main event to the very end it was great!

I already had an idea 'they' would be Fortune, because of a couple of things I'd read. But even then, I thought the reveal was really well done. It is entirely logical that Fortune would buddy up to Immortal as soon as Immortal became the most powerful force in TNA, then hang with them until winning all the titles before washing their hands of them. Without reading internet news, I'd happily have accepted Scott Steiner as a cleverly chosen red herring.

At the end of the day, I'd much rather see the Fortune wrestlers be getting this limelight than 'the oldies' like Kevin Nash and Sting. Booker was never planned for the MEM return, I don't know about Sting. But it's a cause for celebration that TNA isn't relying on those oldies anymore, and is putting faith in guys like AJ, Kaz and Beer Money. Fortune vs Immortal creates plenty of potentially gold matches and promo battles. If it was MEM, those young, talented wrestlers would yet again have to take a back seat.

• Paid Members
But it's a cause for celebration that TNA isn't relying on those oldies anymore

In other news the March 3rd episode of Impact is going to be based around Karen and Jeff Jarrett renewing their wedding vows, whether Ric Flair is with Fortune or against them and the return of Hulk Hogan.

The youth movement is finally in place!!! COME ON!

But it's a cause for celebration that TNA isn't relying on those oldies anymore

In other news the March 3rd episode of Impact is going to be based around Karen and Jeff Jarrett renewing their wedding vows, whether Ric Flair is with Fortune or against them and the return of Hulk Hogan.

The youth movement is finally in place!!! COME ON!

A manager and 2 authority figures? None of them will be in matches, which couldn't be said of the original plan.

• Paid Members
A manager and 2 authority figures? None of them will be in matches, which couldn't be said of the original plan.

Matches only last about 6 minutes in TNA. We'll get to see Double J, Hollywood and Naitch for a good 90 minutes. Let the good times roll, I say.

Also, Jeff Jarrett isnt a manager.

Archived