Impact Spoilers for Thursday

PowerButchi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That video is going to lead to some disappointed people. Hell if I hadn't read the spoilers I'd be excitedly thinking "well if it isn't the MEM then it must be someone big!". In reality it's just a bunch of jobbers nonsensically turning face. At least the clip was well produced.

Jobbers!?

I mean like Fortune or not it doesn't really matter but why do you call them jobbers?

Oh I know they are not really jobbers, and I personally like all the wrestlers in the group. It's just after the original plan of bringing back the star-studded MEM made up entirely of world champions the thought of the surprise just being a bunch of guys who've been booked poorly and are already on TV every week falls kinda flat. I didn't really mean jobbers as such, but rather that the Fortune boys seem that way when compared with the legends in MEM.

That video is going to lead to some disappointed people. Hell if I hadn't read the spoilers I'd be excitedly thinking "well if it isn't the MEM then it must be someone big!". In reality it's just a bunch of jobbers nonsensically turning face. At least the clip was well produced.

Jobbers!?

I mean like Fortune or not it doesn't really matter but why do you call them jobbers?

Oh I know they are not really jobbers, and I personally like all the wrestlers in the group. It's just after the original plan of bringing back the star-studded MEM made up entirely of world champions the thought of the surprise just being a bunch of guys who've been booked poorly and are already on TV every week falls kinda flat. I didn't really mean jobbers as such, but rather that the Fortune boys seem that way when compared with the legends in MEM.

Fair enough but you would be hard pressed to find anyone that is considerd a TNA "own" talent to compare with who was on offer in the original MEM, at most even talent like A.J STyles have only worked half the amount of years someone like Sting has.

I'll be honest with you it's about time TNA got off this nostalga trip as they have been using wrestlers of yester year for a while now and the problem was crystalised in what was E.V.2. I mean it was like watching the wrestling eqivilant of a batterd double decker bus at Silverstone trying for pole position.

I understand why people wanted to see MEM and it may have worked in the short term but that's all TNA seem to do, planning for the short term with guys who make you remember the good old days. If they want to a longer term stragtergy they need to use the people who will be in TNA in the next decade and they need to build them up for that future.

This whole thing may feel a little flat but I think it should be given a chance, MEM was just TNA's way of saying "fuck we can't think of anything new" and from what I read a result of direct pressure from Spike T.V to boost ratings. I am so pleased I don't have to see Nash, Booker T and Sting taking up time that further dilutes any sort of indentity that TNA are trying to establish.

• Paid Members
Especially when you consider the Steiners/3D feud only what, 8 months earlier?

Steiners vs 3D was in 2007. Nasty Boys vs 3d was in 2010.

Wow, was it really that far back? Bloody hell, it didn't feel like it.

Just finished watching Impact, thought it was a decent episode in all and the revealing of 'They' looked shit on paper but was executed quite well in my opinion and is just due to the continuing grounding down and shitty treatment of AJ at the hands of Eric Bischoff. There's a ton of things which can come out of this which will produce some quality viewing. AJ vs Jeff, Beer Money vs Hardyz, Matt Hardy vs Kazarian, AJ Styles vs Abyss with the TV title on the line, Beer Money vs Gunner and Murphy, some quality verbal sparring between Steiner, Flair, Bischoff and Hogan, that's something that should not be missed. Despite this not being the original plan I think it displays longeivity in comparison to what the MEM could have offered. I'm calling Anderson vs RVD vs AJ vs Jeff Hardy at Lockdown first.

Okay, fair enough. Cheers

Oh and even if I wanted to I couldn't watch TNA, because I live in Wales and we're OUTLAWED by Challenge from watching the channel after 6pm. I assume this is because Roy Walker gets his cock out at 6.01pm...

Was it ever confirmed that They v2 was going to be the return of the Main Event Mafia? Or is that another case of Internet fans adding 2 to 2 and coming out with 8?

I think it's becuase Scott Steiner came back, so everyone thought the rest of the gang would turn up as well.

• Paid Members
Was it ever confirmed that They v2 was going to be the return of the Main Event Mafia? Or is that another case of Internet fans adding 2 to 2 and coming out with 8?

It was a case of them running enough hints that the fans were lead to believe it was the Mafia, to the point where TNA had to announce both on there website and on TV that Booker T, Sting and Kevin Nash werent signed up. TNA gave us the answers, but when it all fucked up in there faces they changed the questions. There's no way you wouldnt have thought it wasnt the return of the Main Event Mafia, with all the hints (and the fact they were negotiating with all three members and decided to run the angle anyway). If TNA were so confident that they had lead the fans on to believe that "They" werent Nash, Booker, Steiner, Angle and Sting, TNA wouldnt have had to back peddle on there website and at the start of the program. It was on a night that Hogan was announced to return and didnt return as well. They really should have dumped that on the video as well.

It was a case of them running enough hints that the fans were lead to believe it was the Mafia, to the point where TNA had to announce both on there website and on TV that Booker T, Sting and Kevin Nash werent signed up. TNA gave us the answers, but when it all fucked up in there faces they changed the questions. There's no way you wouldnt have thought it wasnt the return of the Main Event Mafia, with all the hints (and the fact they were negotiating with all three members and decided to run the angle anyway). If TNA were so confident that they had lead the fans on to believe that "They" werent Nash, Booker, Steiner, Angle and Sting, TNA wouldnt have had to back peddle on there website and at the start of the program. It was on a night that Hogan was announced to return and didnt return as well. They really should have dumped that on the video as well.

From all the information I read on various sites it seemed that MEM this time around was trying to go for a balance of icons and new superstars. Sting was always a doubt but TNA were pretty sure Nash and Booker could be bought in and still make the group credible but even then the stable would of probably of had at least two TNA superstars. Crimson was one name that kept popping up as was A.J Styles so anyone who wanted MEM exactly as they were would have been mildly dissapointed at least.

I think the main flaw of the whole angle isn't that "They" isn't MEM but that they used the whole "They" theme again, it was a fairly bland idea in the first place and at the time TNA thought about rehashing it it turned into an utterly uncompelling storyline, not to mention the fact the whole thing only had two weeks to build tension.

Anyhow with Fortune now being the focus it seems there maybe something to salvage from the whole ordeal.

Archived