Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The audience is not made up wholly of people who didn't watch wrestling 10 years ago. I'd bet that at least half the audience is old enough to know who Sting is. If they produce enough vignettes and interviews to show Sting's history then he'll get over easily. He's a classy worker with a cool gimick and a massive history on video tape battling guys the audience knows. It's not a hard sell job.

No it's not a hard sell job. But is it one that is worthy of just 20 days thought and preparation? I'm not knocking Sting's talent at all, but I think the WWE would sign him, get some sort of 'Best of' comp out, then debut him as some sort of legendary novelty act (which, realistically speaking, is all he should be at this stage of his career). That's how you would maximise profit and potential is it not?

EDIT: Sorry I can't quote properly, UKFF is pretty wanky with Firefox for some reason.

Edited by Adam Young

There's a bit where the figure goes up the stairs and it flashes to reveal something on the wall, anyone notice it? With my blinkered eyes on it kinda looks like the outline of a crow, but it could be anything. It definently flashes and focuses on that part of the wall though so I think it has to mean something.

I've never really liked Sting so I wouldnt be that fussed about him coming, Im more bothered about Triple H coming back, because if this bloke comes on the RAW after Elimination Chamber then it's highly unlikely Triple H will come back then as well, so it doesnt leave alot of time for Trips, assuming he doesnt come back before Elimination Chamber of course.

Another question that could shed some light on the debate. Did WWE actually use the term 'New Superstar' or is this something that has just been assumed? - If it's based on assumption, then the title of this thread is highly misleading.

No it isn't, it has a question mark at the end.

The 2.21.11 video didn't give much away but judging by the outfit, the rain and the old west style of building I'd say that it's almost certainly going to be:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Se7en

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

You heard it here first.

• Paid Members
The audience is not made up wholly of people who didn't watch wrestling 10 years ago. I'd bet that at least half the audience is old enough to know who Sting is. If they produce enough vignettes and interviews to show Sting's history then he'll get over easily. He's a classy worker with a cool gimick and a massive history on video tape battling guys the audience knows. It's not a hard sell job.

No it's not a hard sell job. But is it one that is worthy of just 20 days thought and preparation? I'm not knocking Sting's talent at all, but I think the WWE would sign him, get some sort of 'Best of' comp out, then debut him as some sort of legendary novelty act (which, realistically speaking, is all he should be at this stage of his career). That's how you would maximise profit and potential is it not?

There's 60+ days until Wrestlemania. 21/2/11 may just be the reveal that it's Sting who is coming, then tons of vignettes hyping Stingers arrival in a WWE ring in the several weeks lead up remaining until Wrestlemania, who he's going to face, etc. Considering the clip featured twice in one show this week and WWE have hours of television on a weekly basis, there is loads of time, especially as the way it's kicked off is surrounded in mystery and intrigue, i'd say there's just enough time to maintain that before it gets boring.

Also, just to throw this out there, Goldberg was revealed and then turned up unadvertised the next night. And everyone seemed to love that regardless.

• Paid Members

Sorry to disappoint :(

It's a link from prowrestling.net, and here's it's content:

WWE may have given away the identity of the mystery person in the 2-21-11 video, as the Save Mart Center website lists "The Return of The Undertaker" for the Feb. 21 edition of Raw. You can view the video at SaveMartCenter.com.

Powell's POV: Well, I guess it was fun while it lasted. There's even a WWE video that hypes the return of Undertaker. I suppose it's possible that we'll get both events that night, but I think it's more likely that WWE blew their own mystery angle. Thanks to Dot Net reader Joe T. for passing along the link.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't say that says anything. That would actually be a clever move to keep the Sting reveal under wraps considering the early suspicions. As well as the fact that if they was to be having Undertaker-Sting at Wrestlemania, it would make sense to have them both there that night.

Undertaker returns, everyone thinks it's him, only for the lights to go out, another vignette to appear, Stings face and name revealed. Crowd buzzes, than the camera cuts to Sting up in the rafters looking down on Undertaker in the ring as Raw goes off the air. Bam. I could settle for that.

I wouldn't say that says anything. That would actually be a clever move to keep the Sting reveal under wraps considering the early suspicions. As well as the fact that if they was to be having Undertaker-Sting at Wrestlemania, it would make sense to have them both there that night.

Undertaker returns, everyone thinks it's him, only for the lights to go out, another vignette to appear, Stings face and name revealed. Crowd buzzes, than the camera cuts to Sting up in the rafters looking down on Undertaker in the ring as Raw goes off the air. Bam. I could settle for that.

Yeah I thought that too... but its probably just gonna be The Undertaker... I still don't get why he's returning to Raw (if it is him) though. I know Raw is the big show, but even still if he isn't fueding with Sting, it'll be with Barrett, and Barrett is on Smackdown...