Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
It wasn't Taker's boots or jacket

I thought that, but if they're bringing Taker back, no reason to not freshen the old look up. Considering he was a regular evolver for the majority of his career, he's been pretty stagnant look-wise for a good few years.

However, if it IS Sting, it'll be awesome. And Vince must throw as much money as he can at Metallica to get them to come to Mania, and Sting MUST enter to a live version of Seek & Destroy, which is segued straight into from the old Crow gimmick theme, a la the old WCW Mayhem album.

It wasn't Taker's boots or jacket

I thought that, but if they're bringing Taker back, no reason to not freshen the old look up. Considering he was a regular evolver for the majority of his career, he's been pretty stagnant look-wise for a good few years.

However, if it IS Sting, it'll be awesome. And Vince must throw as much money as he can at Metallica to get them to come to Mania, and Sting MUST enter to a live version of Seek & Destroy, which is segued straight into from the old Crow gimmick theme, a la the old WCW Mayhem album.

If the above scenario is announced then quite frankly i will sell all of my wordly possessions including the car, the xbox, the TV and aything else of any value and ebay myself some front row ringside tickets regardless of the cost. Unfortunately i doubt that anyone in the creative team at WWE would allow such a genius idea as that to actually happen but we can live in hope!

• Paid Members

As Ian says, it seems odd they'd hype up someone in this way so close to Wrestlemania if it wasn't a big deal. My main worry is that it's Triple H or 'Taker. Not that I don't want them to come back before Wrestlemania, but I do think a return of a contracted star based of this would be a letdown.

If it IS Sting, and they are serious about

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

NASH

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); on the card, this could be shaping up to be one of the best Wrestlemanias in recent years.

Your "spoiler" is really just speculation at this point. If something "shaping up to be one of the best Wrestlemanias in recent years," is reliant on the appearances of 2 guys in their late 40's/50's, it really doesn't sound all that promising. Having said that, I did enjoy the Rumble for the surprise entrants, but Cena/Hornswoggle/Santino really illustrated why I don't enjoy it like I used to. Sting vs Taker would be great, but I've gotta put up with that childish crap as well to get there.

• Paid Members
Call me cynical but I reckon it'll simply be the debut of Tyler Black ala Seth Rollins in some dark and mysterious character... I'd love it be Sting though!!!

If it were a new wrestler I think they'd have at least shown part of his face. And they never usually give dates so early for debuting newbies either. It's clear they're wanting to create a mystery here. I'm excited to see where it goes. Presumably whoever it is will have a Wrestlemania match, otherwise I don't see why they'd debut them on the first RAW on the lead up to Wrestlemania.

Dunno if Goldberg's a decent shout, but I'm throwing his name out there too. Although I'm actually beginning to think it's Sting.

Old abandoned deteriorating building

Rain

Trench Coat

Eerie music

The lights flickering (exactly like in the Starrcade 97 promo)

All the signs point to Sting but, that's too good to be true, right?

Edited by BenPhoenix

Call me cynical but I reckon it'll simply be the debut of Tyler Black ala Seth Rollins in some dark and mysterious character... I'd love it be Sting though!!!

If it were a new wrestler I think they'd have at least shown part of his face. And they never usually give dates so early for debuting newbies either. It's clear they're wanting to create a mystery here. I'm excited to see where it goes. Presumably whoever it is will have a Wrestlemania match, otherwise I don't see why they'd debut them on the first RAW on the lead up to Wrestlemania.

Dunno if Goldberg's a decent shout, but I'm throwing his name out there too. Although I'm actually beginning to think it's Sting.

Tell you what would be a mark out moment - Taker vs Sting at Mania, Druids come down to the ring during the match with a casket, then one of the druids jumps on the apron, pulls down the hood, and there's Goldberg!

Or perhaps oi'll get me coat.