Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members

For what it's worth a friend of mine was on tour with Fozzy for a month and he asked Jericho if he was coming back. He said Vince had offered him big money to come back

for Wrestlemania but he's not doing it.

Then again unlikely he would divulge that information to just anyone if it was supposed to be a surprise.

The promos are for Taker though obviously.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
For what it's worth a friend of mine was on tour with Fozzy for a month and he asked Jericho if he was coming back. He said Vince had offered him big money to come back

for Wrestlemania but he's not doing it.

Then again unlikely he would divulge that information to just anyone if it was supposed to be a surprise.

The promos are for Taker though obviously.

Jericho has stated in an interview last week (i think it was) and offer is on the table waiting to be signed, but he doesnt really feel he has any thing left to prove so is a bit hit and miss about signing again. He still wants to wrestle, but for different reasons as before. He also mentioned a little while ago when he did leave he was glad the younger guys got the push as that what he personally would like WWE to do, so id imagine with his fram of mind factored in with that if he signed again a younger guy might not get a push, i reckon he may never come back.

On the other side of things, the 21.02.2011 promo has been the best thing in a while, regardless of who it is. I think it will be taker, but i also think there is more to it than it seems. If its triple H or anybody else, i could'nt care less as this in with diesel, booker T and the rock all coming in, have so far made this a fantastic first few months for WWE.

a big swerve could be that triple h and hbk are back to face the undertaker at wrestlemania.

I've said for the last couple of weeks that despite Taker being tangled with Barrett/Corre and Trips with Sheamus, having a HHH vs Taker w/ HBK as special guest referee would be the best line of action. That way, there could be the possibility that HBK could turn on Taker and take revenge on his for the past two Wrestlemania's. They could still make it slightly believable that HBK could end the streak, not playing heel, but similar to the edgy character he played when retiring Flair. For the third year running you could have HBK involved with Taker, and again, something different and fresh.

Can't wait to see the reaction when it's just Undertaker appearing on Monday.

"Yeah but the third video meant that Sting would appear 3 weeks after the second video, so it's still HBK. Or HHH."

Lol, not really. If it's just Taker then it's just Taker, there's no harm in having fun and speculating.

• Paid Members

Not really. They can put him as the guest referee and speculation with start up to whether Michaels still holds a grudge against him for ending his career or if indeed it is Career vs Streak with Triple H, Michaels will obviously not want to see his best friends career end. Few are better than Shawn Michaels at playing a subtle heel. You wont need a heel turn at all.

I read this interesting bit of trivia over on Lords Of Pain earlier today:

In light of speculation of a Sting vs. Undertaker showdown at WrestleMania XXVII, if they were to wrestle, it would not be their first encounter.

Sting, as WCW World Heavyweight Champion, wrestled and pinned the future "Deadman" on September 1, 1990 in the main event at a World Championship Wrestling live event in Greensboro, North Carolina. They were scheduled for a follow-up bout the following night in Knoxville, Tennessee, but the match in Greensboro was such a disaster that they put Harley Race, at that point a generally retired wrestler turned manager, in the main event instead. Knoxville was Mark Calaway's final date as "Mean" Mark Callous as he had already given notice to WCW officials and agreed to join the World Wrestling Federation.

It should be noted, however, that the concept of The Undertaker character was not presented to Calaway until after he signed with Vince McMahon. He said in a 2002 interview with WWE Magazine that he was terrified that he would be hatched from an oversized egg at the 1990 Survivor Series, which had been on display at WWF events for months and heavily hyped on television, and appear as an egg-like character.

"The promotion was leading up to Survivor Series, and I was terrified that (Vince McMahon) was going to call me and want me to be a big egg, to shave my head and eyebrows and be "egg man," Calaway stated. "It was definitely a relief to get the Undertaker call."

• Paid Members

Undertaker/HHH with Michaels as referee would be brilliant. If they playe dup the history of Michaels being a refwith Undertaker involved, you could get footage from SummerSlam 1997 when HBK accidentally clocked Taker and cost him the title, and then again in the Iron Man at Judgment Day 2000 where HBK refused to be on Triple H's side and called it straight down the middle.

Create the element of doubt, and you get a bout thats based on respect - i think it would be a worthy main event.

Although it would be a bit similar to the Miz/Cena if the Rock gets involved in any way?

• Paid Members

Just an idea that may have already been voiced. If Michaels comes back as the special guest referee in a HHH Vs Taker match, perhaps they would use that to set up a HHH heel turn? It would be a significant moment on their biggest PPV of the year.

Taker inevitably wins, Michaels counts the three, match over, HHH and Michaels embrace, kick to the stomach, pedigree...

That being said, they'll be too busy jizzing over another Taker victory to overshadow it with a post match angle i imagine, but saying that...this is Triple H, if he's coming back...surely its with a bang!

• Paid Members
Of course people are still speculating. That's the point of the videos being vague. If they didn't want speculation, they'd put up a graphic saying "Undertaker returns next week". This way, even though most people are pretty sure it's The Undertaker, the speculation might make people tune in to see if it's quite that simple. Also the fact that it might not be just The Undertaker, if it is The Undertaker makes it more interesting. It's very clever.

It also wouldn't be the first time The Undertaker had returned and not been The Undertaker ;)

I said nothing of the sort, not in this thread, not yesterday at 6:05pm, and I'm fairly sure not at all.

I have no idea what you hope to gain by besmirching my good name sir, but - BY GOLLY! - you won't get away with it.

I was also tempted to mention the time Razor Ramon and Diesel were advertised to return next week ;) Am I the only one who actually liked that idea?

I read this interesting bit of trivia over on Lords Of Pain earlier today:

In light of speculation of a Sting vs. Undertaker showdown at WrestleMania XXVII, if they were to wrestle, it would not be their first encounter.

Sting, as WCW World Heavyweight Champion, wrestled and pinned the future "Deadman" on September 1, 1990 in the main event at a World Championship Wrestling live event in Greensboro, North Carolina. They were scheduled for a follow-up bout the following night in Knoxville, Tennessee, but the match in Greensboro was such a disaster that they put Harley Race, at that point a generally retired wrestler turned manager, in the main event instead. Knoxville was Mark Calaway's final date as "Mean" Mark Callous as he had already given notice to WCW officials and agreed to join the World Wrestling Federation.

It should be noted, however, that the concept of The Undertaker character was not presented to Calaway until after he signed with Vince McMahon. He said in a 2002 interview with WWE Magazine that he was terrified that he would be hatched from an oversized egg at the 1990 Survivor Series, which had been on display at WWF events for months and heavily hyped on television, and appear as an egg-like character.

"The promotion was leading up to Survivor Series, and I was terrified that (Vince McMahon) was going to call me and want me to be a big egg, to shave my head and eyebrows and be "egg man," Calaway stated. "It was definitely a relief to get the Undertaker call."

Yes, and Bret Hart had a match against Kane!

I'd never heard the egg story before, I now have a picture in my mind of a bold egg like Undertaker!

what was that Gobbedly Gooker thing all about?? was McMahon on crack or what as that has to rank up there with wrestling biggest sh*ts!!!

still have no idea why he did that. Unveil a new someone like they did with the narcissist at RR 93 or something, but dont do something that stupid.

if i remmeber (was only about 10-11 i think) at the time the BIG surprise was thought to be Sting coming in to feud with warrior. Then WWE did that sh*t!

• Paid Members
Just an idea that may have already been voiced. If Michaels comes back as the special guest referee in a HHH Vs Taker match, perhaps they would use that to set up a HHH heel turn? It would be a significant moment on their biggest PPV of the year.

Taker inevitably wins, Michaels counts the three, match over, HHH and Michaels embrace, kick to the stomach, pedigree...

That being said, they'll be too busy jizzing over another Taker victory to overshadow it with a post match angle i imagine, but saying that...this is Triple H, if he's coming back...surely its with a bang!

Actually I don't mind that too much. If Trips were to come back I think a heel role would do him wonders again. I remember the sentiment behind Austin's Wrestlemania turn, in that he'd come back from a bad career injury and would do literally anything it took to get the title back in his grasp, even if it meant siding with Vince and taking shortcuts because he couldn't beat The Rock one on one.

In the build up here, you could have HHH come back and do a similar thing, the turn at Wrestlemania being something of a catalyst for it. He can't beat Undertaker one on one so he doubts himself. He then uses his power connections with the McMahon's in order to try and claw his way back into the title scene for one last run. It's hardly the wrestler, and we've seen it done before, but I think a HHH heel run has got some mileage in it should they choose to do down such a direction.