Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members
Of course people are still speculating. That's the point of the videos being vague. If they didn't want speculation, they'd put up a graphic saying "Undertaker returns next week". This way, even though most people are pretty sure it's The Undertaker, the speculation might make people tune in to see if it's quite that simple. Also the fact that it might not be just The Undertaker, if it is The Undertaker makes it more interesting. It's very clever.

It also wouldn't be the first time The Undertaker had returned and not been The Undertaker ;)

In all seriousness, this is clearly The Undertaker. I like the theory that someone else is in the vignette, but when it comes down to it I think it's just supposed to be him.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a similar note to watching them in a different order.

Perhaps the 1st vignette was the end of the 'story' and the next two were showing us what led up to that point? That would explain why it was at the end of the 3rd vignette.

Person A teleports to the cabin, goes inside, looks outside the window.

Person B arrives, walks inside

Perhaps on RAW or at Elimination Chamber we'll see two people walk out? Who knows, lol

• Paid Members

Perhaps the 1st vignette was the end of the 'story' and the next two were showing us what led up to that point? That would explain why it was at the end of the 3rd vignette.

Perhaps on RAW or at Elimination Chamber we'll see two people walk out? Who knows, lol

Why would they broadcast them in a different order? This isn't Momento, you know...

• Paid Members
Same as the "Save us" stuff. it was obvious from the first minute that it was Chris Jericho

What made it so obvious? As someone who tries to avoid any spoilers on the net, I had no idea until it was revealed?

Why would they broadcast them in a different order? This isn't Momento, you know...

I don't think showing the end first and then showing you what led up to it is that far fetched, really.

Same as the "Save us" stuff. it was obvious from the first minute that it was Chris Jericho

What made it so obvious? As someone who tries to avoid any spoilers on the net, I had no idea until it was revealed?

I figured it out because I saw a 'SAVE US Y2J' sign on RAW like a week before they started and I noticed on the first vignette, the centre number went from 5 down to 0 as the camera zoomed into it at the end of the promo. Obviously I didn't know for sure, but he came to mind first.

See some speculation can turn out correct ;)

Edited by BenPhoenix

Indeed. It was only obvious if you read reports online confirming that it was Jericho. I doubt the average casual fan had a clue it was Jericho.

• Paid Members

The fact that Jericho was coming back and the similarity to the Y2J stuff really.

Edited by tiger_rick

XD genuine LOL moment there

edit didnt even notice the spelling mistake

Edited by dharmabear

• Paid Members

Memento.

Wrestling fans truly have a skill in being able to whip themselves into a frenzy over bugger all. It's the Undertaker, simple as. Taker/HHH II (at Mania, obviously) sounds like a plan to me, seeing as Sheamus has stagnated somewhat.

Miz/Cena w/ Rock participation

Edge/Del Rio/(possibly?)Ziggler on the SD side

Taker/HHH w/ HBK participation.

That'll do for me...

Edited by KJHenley

Can't wait to see the reaction when it's just Undertaker appearing on Monday.

"Yeah but the third video meant that Sting would appear 3 weeks after the second video, so it's still HBK. Or HHH."

Edited by Slapnut

The fact that Jericho was coming back and the similarity to the Y2J stuff really.

That and if you played the vignettes in slow motion you could see the first 13 seconds of Jericho's original titantron - the people walking in the street, the traffic etc.

• Paid Members
Of course people are still speculating. That's the point of the videos being vague. If they didn't want speculation, they'd put up a graphic saying "Undertaker returns next week". This way, even though most people are pretty sure it's The Undertaker, the speculation might make people tune in to see if it's quite that simple. Also the fact that it might not be just The Undertaker, if it is The Undertaker makes it more interesting. It's very clever.

It also wouldn't be the first time The Undertaker had returned and not been The Undertaker ;)

I said nothing of the sort, not in this thread, not yesterday at 6:05pm, and I'm fairly sure not at all.

I have no idea what you hope to gain by besmirching my good name sir, but - BY GOLLY! - you won't get away with it.