MVP to New Japan

Snitsky's back acne

Results from earlier today in Japan.

MVP [as MVP, complete with MVP 'costume'] and Taichi defeated Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma

Thanks for the update. Any idea why he is allowed to use the MVP name? Normally Vince has these things copyrighted.

As somebody else pointed out, I reckon that MVP being such a generic term in American sports would have been very hard to copyright for the WWE. Montel Vontavious Poter on the otherhand is probably owned by the company

• Paid Members

You can trademark terms as it pertains to pro wrestling though. Bret Hart owns the name "Hitman" and the WWE owns the term "Undertaker" for use in wrestling. Vince and Bret dont own those words for anything else though. Their have been boxing and forum posting "Hitman" before. I would assume someone owns the "MVP" wrestling name.

• Paid Members
Was there not a MVP in the WWF in the early 1990s? If so I reckon Vince owns the name.

This :

abe_schwartz.jpg

was the first MVP, before they re-named him Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz.

Pretty obviously Lombardi, even as a kid I thought "that's Brooklyn Brawler, maybe with a new character he'll start winning." Huh.

The bigger news was that MVP's tag team partner was supposed to be NOSAWA Rongai, who was arrested the day before the show for alledgely trying to steal a taxi.

His claims that the police got the Rongai were ignored.

(Yes I stole that, but that had me howling....... I'm easily amused :( )

The bigger news was that MVP's tag team partner was supposed to be NOSAWA Rongai, who was arrested the day before the show for alledgely trying to steal a taxi.

:laugh:

:laugh: Very good!

Archived