'Nuttiest' wrestler in history?

Snitsky's back acne

Not previously been much of a death match fan however have recently bought some CZW T.O.D DVDs to see what it's all about.

Having seen DJ Hyde stick syringes in the face of Thumbtack Jack I decided that T.Jack is without question the most insane, mentally disturbed wrestler I had ever seen....until I saw Big Japan's Abdullah Kobayashi get two 'kenzo's' hammered into his skull, at which point I quickly changed my mind.

However, that got me thinking - there's been countless wrestlers over the years who have done wild and crazy things which would make you question their mental health, such as Sabu, Cactus Jack, Yukihiro Kanemura, Mitsuhiro Matsunaga, Atsushi Onita.....SO, I figured why not start a thread to worship the nuttiest, most insane wrestlers [garbage, hardcore or regular] that you have ever seen.

Feel free to post videos etc if you wish.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first few that came to my mind were Mick Foley (the Hell in a Cell bumps at King of the Ring 1998 alone were mad enough but he's taken so many countless crazy bumps in his career it's amazing he is still in wrestling), Sabu (he isn't called the homicidal, suicidal maniac for nothing), Abyss (I actually think sometimes "how does this guy do this" when I see him rolling into thumbtacks, getting his skin shredded by barbed wire and just generally taking insane weapon bumps), then there's New Jack (he's more dangerous to his opponents than himself, he just seems like the kind of guy that I'd never want to even come within eye contact with incase he thought I was giving him a funny look as I imagine he'd be quite scary when pissed off). I guess Jeff Hardy is a bit nuts too as he just seems to have a very strange mind and the amount of ladders he's jumped off and similar bumps that he's taken is pretty crazy.

Sid, just look at his recent mugshot, nutter. You also have to take into account that he once got Brian Pillman and he later returned for revenge brandishing a squegee.

Honorable mentions to Kenta Kobashi and Perry Saturn who no-sold cancer and gunshots respectively.

• Paid Members

Benoit I'd say as well. Or those Japanese lads who killed that kid in the dojo, just because they have small penises. Or that wife from that GAEA documentary who smashed that girl in the face because her dropkicks weren't looking like that actually hurt the opponent (which I always assumed was the point in it being fake and not real but still).

• Paid Members

I think the Benoit nominations a little against the spirit of the thread: Sure, he out-nutted everyone in the final stage of his life, but he wasn't a career-long whackjob ... well, as long as you don't consider his wrestling a style which caused him to break his neck, staying on steroids during his time off (the perfect time to give his system a rest), coming back and still keeping the move which put trauma on his neck against the advice of Harley Race, actually hitting the move instead of simulating contact, to the point that he continually gave himself concussions, which later caused him to have a brain showing the same amount of damage as an octogenarian with Alzheimer's'. OK, I've probably just countered myself.

How about New Jack? I know that half of his story is pure myth (does he actually have any justified homicides to his name?) but some of the things that we've caught on camera (and which he's unrepentant about when asked) more than qualify him.

Or how about a shout-out for Vic Grimes? Why on earth (for an indy pay-off too!) after this incident at Living Dangerously 2000 (which caused New Jack to lose his sight for a time) would he get in the ring with New Jack, still privately fuming about it and saying that he was going to get revenge, and agree to take

... and at which New Jack just happened to throw him too far?

For the spirit of the thread, I'd say necro. It's one thing taken bumps from height like mick and vig grimes did on a very few occasions, but this bloke will happily get dropped on his head, back breakers on two standing up chairs, exploders of ring sides where he takes the bump on his head on the concrete. Not to mention superplexes through one million light tubes, various other stuff.It's Necro, no doubt.

Archived