I'm going to start wrestling training tomorrow.

Dr House's Right Leg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did look in to it before but since they've moved location it takes ages.

I live in Croydon, I'm looking to train at Lucha Britannia.

Anyone heard of British Extreme Championship Wrestling??

Good stuff, Lucha Britannia have a decent roster. If the training is taken by them then all good.

Nope, never heard of British Extreme Championship Wrestling

Yeah, I know someone who trains there, Jedrek Grabowski. He's had some try outs with WWE and TNA. He's legit 6'7.

I only know of BECW because I saw a A4 poster on a phone box today. They are round the corner from me and by the looks of their FB, they look like CZW lite.

They were flyers of theirs at the TNA show this evening. Didn't really read too much into it, although I did wonder if there could be some sort of copyright claim from WWE eventually...

Have been thinking about training for a while, but I've always wondered if the training school you attend would have an effect on your prospects in the future? Obviously there are a few factors to 'making it' or 'becoming a star', but if you chose the 'wrong' training school, wouldn't you be doomed before you start?

Good stuff, Lucha Britannia have a decent roster. If the training is taken by them then all good.

Yeah, I know someone who trains there, Jedrek Grabowski. He's had some try outs with WWE and TNA. He's legit 6'7.

I only know of BECW because I saw a A4 poster on a phone box today. They are round the corner from me and by the looks of their FB, they look like CZW lite.

I train with BWE, not BECW....

I train with BWE, not BECW....

Sorry, I meant to say BWE.

slightly stealing the thread here - am living in Sandy, Beds atm - wheres a good training school in this neck of the woods? looking to get in shape in the next 8-12 months but wouldnt mind picking up on the psychology / putting a match together side and pick up some ideas

slightly stealing the thread here - am living in Sandy, Beds atm - wheres a good training school in this neck of the woods? looking to get in shape in the next 8-12 months but wouldnt mind picking up on the psychology / putting a match together side and pick up some ideas

Yeah, I'm getting a foot in in other ways to learn other stuff apart from the actual wrestling.

On a similiar note, in the few weeks time I'll be starting training with Premier British Wrestling who I believe train people for ICW and BCW. I went along to a training session today (just to watch I may add) but found myself enamoured with it. At the end, the trainer asked if I'd be coming back to actually train and I said "Yes, once I sort out money and some gear" I'm hoping to be with them by the end of February or beginning of March.

dropkixx is run by Jon Ritchie. his new place is awesome. olympic mat, ring, weights, punch bags. theres equipment to do circuit training & theres always someone there to help with your shoot fighting & freestyle wrestling if you're into that (guilty). Travel shouldnt put you off. I live in Catford and I go. Quickest way is dlr from lewisham to limehouse, then limehouse to east tilbury

I believe someone posted a match from a 'show' of theirs, under the title 'Worst Match Ever'. The match was taken off YouTube, I think.

Edit - Here's a clip from the same show. Luckily, no-one actually saw it.

This has got to be the worse wrestling video ive ever seen EVER! The ref was wearing a luchador mask (WHY?!?!?!) and the guy in the white shirt bladed for the ONE person in the crowd who wasn't even looking at the match! The kid even cringed a little when the camera man looked in his direction!

Archived