NGP Vs 3DS

Ron Simmons

Which has impressed you more?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The NGP it is, for me. I generally prefer straight up gaming over gimmick fanwankerry and none of Nintendo's franchise property really interest me all that much. The NGP can pretty much run PS3 software and Guns Of The Patriots was running real time on it at Sony's press shindig as a tech demo. That's amazing and quite scary. The European PlayStation store is a load of balls right now but within five years the prospect of all three generations of Sony's biggest and best being playable between the home console and the handheld is something to get wet about, IMO.

Are they going to be putting PS2 backwards compatibility in new PS3s again?

Any word on a price for the NGP yet?

The 3DS only just got a price and it's out in 8 weeks. It could be Halloween or Christmas before we find out the price point for the Sony. But north of

One problem with the 3DS could be that it's believed that the 3d technology contained within the portable console actually damages the eyes of under 5's I believe I read? Kids as young as 2-3 everywhere seem to own a Ds so this new console could take some damage if these claims are true.

With regards to pricing in america is $270 for NGP apparently.

The NGP it is, for me. I generally prefer straight up gaming over gimmick fanwankerry and none of Nintendo's franchise property really interest me all that much. The NGP can pretty much run PS3 software and Guns Of The Patriots was running real time on it at Sony's press shindig as a tech demo. That's amazing and quite scary. The European PlayStation store is a load of balls right now but within five years the prospect of all three generations of Sony's biggest and best being playable between the home console and the handheld is something to get wet about, IMO.

Are they going to be putting PS2 backwards compatibility in new PS3s again?

Any word on a price for the NGP yet?

The 3DS only just got a price and it's out in 8 weeks. It could be Halloween or Christmas before we find out the price point for the Sony. But north of

• Paid Members
Mind you the European store has been online for about half a decade now with nothing to show for it save for a handful of decent PS1 titles and some demos. SCEE I am convinced is a non existent branch of their business. Sony shits on the European fans.

They justify their lack of care for the PSOne classic store with "copyright issues. I'm hoping the new link up with the Android system will see games like Crash Bandicoot 2, Spyro The Dragon and Tekken 3 finally make their way to the store with Sony having a bit more incentive to sort these "issues" out.

Archived