Superbowl XLV

SpiralTap

I couldnt see a thread for this so I thought id see what peeps thoughts are.

Does anyone follow the NFL over here? Does anyone follow our own NFL?

Regardless, the 'Mania' of American Football is upon us again;

Sunday 6th February

AFC champions

Pittsburgh Steelers

VS

NFC champions

Green Bay Packers

Anyone got any opinions, views or predictions?

I've read that Packers are coming in as odds on favourites but yet again im gonna have to disagree with the bookies, im predicting (and betting) that Steelers will take it but by less than 10 points difference.

I really should follow the NFL more closely but with about 2000 teams and 3,000,000 games a season I just dont have that much time to devote. I dont really follow a team but if I did I would go with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers purely because im a pirate.

• Paid Members

I hate, HATE Ben Rothelsberger so will be fully behind Rodgers and the Packers in this one. I love the Superbowl. Get a load of people round, plenty of beers and nachos and jobs a good'un. Shame the Black Eyed twatting Peas are doing the half time show this year though...

I think this one is going to be really tight, delighted the Jets didn't make it. I can see this being a 3 point game with Green Bay missing out. They've been on a great run doing play off games even as far back as the last two regular games in the season. I thought they looked tired against the Bears and with nothing in reserve and if Chi town had a good quarterback or a decent replacement then the game could easily have gone the other way.

Will be watching around a mates house, same as last year. Don't watch American football apart from the Superbowl and every year I have to be reminded of the rules. Like KJHenley said a few mates, some nachos and a few more beers it's always gonna be a good evening. I'm going with Steelers for no other reason than I think the name Packers is gay. :sneaky:

As a Bears fan, I naturally want to see the Steelers prevail but its going to be a bit of a shoot out between Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers, makes for probably the best Superbowl match up since the Pats vs the Giants in 2008. The Packers D will be dominated by Clay Matthews' ability to get inside the pocket and pressure the QB, never saw a big guy move so well before.

Archived