Dixie Carter on Sky News Tonight

rvd_mr_ppv

So let me get this straight.....

TNA is now going to be on Sky TV in the UK for the first time and has a 6 sided ring?

Not only that but PPV's will be available to us "a couple of days" later than they show in America.

Wow, how nice it is to have a fresh new company available to watch. I can't wait for it's first show.

It's a shame the presenter couldn't have replied to her comments about "no place today for sexism" by pointing out the sexist angles on TNA programming each week.

I'm not sure how many ppl she hoped to impress by saying she's a Man U fan and her plane is in the same hangar as the Glazers *lol*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not everything is meant to impress the Sky News audience.

Of course.

I was trying to say that she probably doesn't realise that so many non-Man U-supporting TNA fans just went off her with the first part of that comment, and how many Man-U-supporting TNA fans went off her with the second part of that comment.

Sorry if my point wasn't clear before.

• Paid Members
I'm not sure how many ppl she hoped to impress by saying she's a Man U fan

She was probably just answering a question. Like when he said "how are you?" and she said "good". Not everything is meant to impress the Sky News audience.

*lol*

Yes your right, it's a shame the question was 'which uk sports do you like?' and she replied with man.u. I think someone needs to explain the difference between a 'sport' and a football club.

. . Nevermind the offside rule

Not everything is meant to impress the Sky News audience.

Of course.

I was trying to say that she probably doesn't realise that so many non-Man U-supporting TNA fans just went off her with the first part of that comment, and how many Man-U-supporting TNA fans went off her with the second part of that comment.

Sorry if my point wasn't clear before.

We're not all complete bellends who judge people by what Football team they like. If you're thinking "She likes Man U? Fuck that, Fuck TNA" then you're a fucking idiot.

The United lads were at last years show, and Fergie and Phealen had dinner with the Carters believe it or not. I remember that from last year. She's tight with the club, so when they asked her "do you follow English sport over here", she replied she is a United fan.

Awesome, what a surreal picture!

I'm having images of a possible Russo storyline involving Beckham signing a loan deal with TNA instead of Tottenham, being managed by Fergie, and Victoria coming in too and getting pushed as the Beautiful People's fashion designer. A world title win in a mixed tag team cage match would fit in nicely.

We're not all complete bellends who judge people by what Football team they like. If you're thinking "She likes Man U? Fuck that, Fuck TNA" then you're a fucking idiot.

Whoa, strong words. Did I hit a raw nerve there? Did you once get beaten up by Rangers fans for wearing green on something?

Tuesdays at 10pm-12pm on challenge, rubbish time & day, couldn't they have put it on slightly earlier say 9pm-11pm? Whats challenge showing on thursday nights? During the same time slot.

why would Thursday be better than Tuesday, strange point

edit: it was also clash with Raw on Thursday nights and would be a full week behind instead of 5 days

What? An excuse to talk about my evening made awesome by Dixie Carter last year at TNA? Go on then. (And for all the reasons below, and despite half the card falling apart, I can't compliment the TNA live shows enough - a great time every time so far for me).

So, last night turned out to be the best and most unbelievable show I have ever been to.

The meet and greet was way better than last year. No huge stars, but a much nicer atmosphere and as many photos and signings as you wanted. Great, great pictures with Earl Hebner, JB, The Beautiful People, The British Invasion, Big Rob, Pope, Hernandez, and Dixie Carter.

So, after a surprisingly great meet and greet, we didn't think the show could improve as we took our shit seats - 8th row, floor, the other side of the rail. No hand slaps with the wrestlers and a bit of a shit view to boot. But we couldn't believe what happened next. At the start of the second match, possibly because our seats were gash, and she wouldn't get seen, we got the pleasure of Dixie Carter's company for the whole evening! We were totally blown away. She told us how she'd had dinner with Alex Ferguson that day, and showed us her phone, saying "Do you guys like Raven?", as she had just missed a call from him. Sucking up big time, we said her phonebook must have been unreal, and it was, as she scrolled through literally hundreds of names. Loads of WWE names too, JR, Matt Hardy, Steve Austin, it was amazing. She had a voicemail from Nash too, but we bottled asking her for a listen.

The highlight of the night for me personally came when now-backstage guy D'Lo Brown popped out to ask her something. I was over the moon, as D'Lo is one of my all time favourites. She clocked this and mentioned how starstruck I looked, saying she would get him back out for a picture with me later on. And she did it! Sadly, it was dark and the picture came out shit, so she went backstage with my ticket and got it personally signed by him. I'm not one for making a big fuss of signings and pictures, but to remind me of such a remarkable evening, this one is going in a little frame.

As she left us to do her in-ring stuff at the end with Beer Money and 3D, she thanked us for coming, said it was a pleasure to meet us etc etc. You hear about her getting around the crowd at shows, but you never imagine it's going to be you. She was totally awesome, and "going the extra mile" doesn't quite cover it.

As for the show, naturally we were more amazed with having an ear with Dixie Carter, so I can't in good faith praise, or criticise the show. But as a result of her awesomeness and the general 'fan friendly' nature of the TNA live shows, we were left with a great vibe about the whole thing. Results and card for those interested:

Amazing Red def Suicide & Chris Sabin in a Triple Threat Match

Big Rob def Eric Young to retain the Global Title

Pope def Rhino

Aj Styles def Hernandez, Joe & Daniels in a Fatal Fourway to retain the World Title

Int

Kurt Angle def Desmond Wolfe

Sarita & Taylor Wilde def The Beautiful People (special referee Hamada)

Team 3D def The British Invasion & Beer Money Inc in a Triple Threat Tables Match

Pictures, in case you're interested....

30hx729.jpg

4jk93.jpg

2rdeptx.jpg

2ngbz43.jpg

2qd05qq.jpg

2qxox0m.jpg

mu7cs1.jpg

wukx0g.jpg

2h37srr.jpg

So yeah,I'm horribly biased, but I think she came across well in that interview. The plane line at the end was awesome.

Tuesdays at 10pm-12pm on challenge, rubbish time & day, couldn't they have put it on slightly earlier say 9pm-11pm? Whats challenge showing on thursday nights? During the same time slot.

why would Thursday be better than Tuesday, strange point

edit: it was also clash with Raw on Thursday nights and would be a full week behind instead of 5 days

I mean on time with the states. I know Impact airs early In some countries should be the same here. Fair enough on the Raw replay though.

Whoa, strong words. Did I hit a raw nerve there? Did you once get beaten up by Rangers fans for wearing green on something?

No you didn't. For the record I'm an Arsenal supporter and have nothing to do with Celtic or Rangers, rendering your last statement utterly ridiculous. People can be from Glasgow and not get into all the sectarian bullshit like the majority of the cretins up here.

Whoa, strong words. Did I hit a raw nerve there?

No you didn't.

Then there's no need to get so excited then :thumbsup:

Archived