UEWA Cruiserweight Championship Tournament

SSW

All spots taken // NWF announces qualification tournament // Italian superstar qualifies for Oslo!

This past weekend offered a lot of news regarding the European Cruiserweight Championship Tournament in Oslo on May 21st.. Now, all promotions who take part have been confirmed, all dates for qualification matches have been set and there is one more wrestler who just qualified for Oslo.

First, the FFPW

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zack Arild representing Norway in Oslo! // SWA and FFPW announcements!

This past Saturday, the Norwegian Wrestling Federation held a four man tournament to find their wrestler for the European Cruiserweight Tournament in Oslo. In the first semi-final, T-Jay was able to overcome the challenge of William Fevik while the former dancing sensation Zack Arild surprised ten year veteran Daniel Sebastian in his comeback match. Prior to the show, Arild announced his dancing days belong to the past and people can expect him to be more focused now as the European Cruiserweight Championship is a big goal for him. His new attitude paid off as he was able to beat T-Jay, who many thought would win the tournament, and become the sixth wrestler to qualify for Oslo.

Spanish UEWA-member SWA already announced their qualification match for April 24th. The first wrestler in this match will be 19-year-old La Pulga who was successful on march 20th in Barcelona, Spain, when he defeated Mandril in the first semi final match. The second wrestler to be competing for SWAs spot will be found on April 3rd, when Lion Mask will go one on one with Angelnaut, also at the City Hall of Barcelona.

Last not least, Irish Fight Factory Pro Wrestling have announced a tournament for April 3rd to find Ireland

• 3 weeks later...

Six weeks til Oslo – Only one more spot available!

Time is running fast and in less than six weeks we will all know who the very first European Cruiserweight Champion will be. The Norwegian Wrestling Federation is already preparing and promoting the show, while promotions from all over Europe try to find their representative for this huge show.

The Super Wrestling Alliance from Spain have already announced a three way match to find their wrestler for Oslo. While La Pulga made it to the final in March defeating Mandril after a Shooting Star Press, it was young highflyer Lion Mask who defeated the much heavier Angelnaut to qualify for the three way dance as well. The third qualification match will take place this upcoming Sunday in Barcelona when Bad Boy will face a mystery opponent, sent to wrestle him by As de Picas. The winner of this match will face Lion Mask and La Pulga on April 24th – also at the City Hall in Barcelona.

While SWA is still looking for their wrestler for Oslo, Fight Factory Pro Wrestling found him. Their 16 man invitational tournament included wrestlers from not only FFPW but also NLW, MSW and BCW as well as dutch PWH. The show started with four four-way-matches with the winners going into one-on-one-Matches in the semi finals and one big final match. In the end it was one of Ireland’s biggest talents in Jordan Devlin who already held the PBW tag team title in Scotland with Sean South and 17 year old sensation B. Cool who faced off in the finals. B. Cool, who had a bye in the semi finals as his scheduled opponent Insano couldn’t make it when he was injured by B. Cool’s tag team partner D. Max, was the much fresher man and surprised the much more experienced Devlin pinning him in the middle of the ring for the unquestionably biggest success in his young career.

FFPW kindly uploaded the final match which took place in the FFPW Gym in Bray, Ireland for your viewing pleasure:

For more information, become a UEWA fan @ www.facebook.com/uewawrestling and be the first to get all the news!

European Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Qualification Matches

- February 12th, Germany: Pierre beat Da Mack, Kid Fite, Axel Dieter Jr.

- February 12th, Germany: Kid Fite announces himself as PBW’s wrestler

- February 20th, Denmark: Sonne beat Raptor, Thorn, El Super Nino in a four man tournament

- February 23rd, Wales: Wild Boar beat “Lightning Kid” Mark Andrews & Flash Morgan in a three way dance

- March 12th, Italy: Doblone beat Dinamite Jo

- March 26th, Norway: Zack Arild beat Daniel Sebastian, T-Jay and William Fevik in a four man tournament

- April 3rd, Ireland: B. Cool won a 16-man tournament

- April 24th, Spain: Three Way Dance: La Pulga vs. Lion Mask vs. ???

More information regarding UEWA and all its member promotions can be found at www.uewa.eu or www.facebook.com/uewawrestling .

Has the belt been made? And if so, can we get piccys please? (if pics are allready in this thread, i do apologise, my PC is playing up and doesnt show all pictures!)
I just received in the last hour a mass email with the final design of the belt, should all companies in the UEWA give it the thumbs up, it'll be made immediately. It will look pretty cool and I'll try to post pictures soon as I get some of the finished belt in the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Eight wrestlers have qualified for the European Cruiserweight Tournament in Oslo, Norway. While most of them are well known names in their home country, only few of them have wrestled outside of their home country and are already known all over Europe. As we want all the fans to know who and what they are expecting, UEWA will take the opportunity to introduce the wrestlers in the tournament

#1:

Introducing: Liam Thomson & Zackariel

Following the announcements of Doblone and Kid Fite, today we are going to announce the next two participants including the first first round match!

#3: Liam Thomson (from Edinburgh, Scotland, 1.70 m, 82 kg, representing Danish Pro Wrestling)

When Sonne, who qualified to be Danish Pro Wrestling

Has the belt been made? And if so, can we get piccys please? (if pics are allready in this thread, i do apologise, my PC is playing up and doesnt show all pictures!)
I just received in the last hour a mass email with the final design of the belt, should all companies in the UEWA give it the thumbs up, it'll be made immediately. It will look pretty cool and I'll try to post pictures soon as I get some of the finished belt in the next few weeks.

And i

And i

Introducing: Wild Boar & Pierre

#5: Wild Boar (from Blaina, Wales, 1.68 m, 82 kg, representing Welsh Wrestling)

Wild Boar is another wrestler who brings a lot of talent to the mat but has yet to get his break outside of Wales. Wild Boar is the smallest wrestler in the competition, but a very powerful one with an attitude. He qualified in a three way match after destroying his long-time rival

#7: B. Cool (from Kildare, Ireland, 1.78 m, 77 kg, representing Fight Factory Pro Wrestling)

B. Cools participation in the tournament is probably the biggest surprise. With less than twenty matches under his belt, the 18-year-old

Archived