I want to quit smoking...

Akbhar Shabazz Jenkins

• Paid Members

How is everybody doing who has given up smoking?

I gave up two days ago and I have found it really easy. I have smoked on and off for 10 years. I have given up countless times longest being about a year. I found it difficult to give up after giving up and taking up again if that makes sense. I am back in the gym and want to get really fit again. So giving up smoking shouldn't be hard. I always find if you are smoking and just decide to quit it never works out but if your doing and taking something else up its a hell of lot easier.

The thing about smoking though is the fact that you will probably always want to smoke. My sister law has given up smoking for 17 years, She still says she fancies a cigarette after her dinner every now and then.

Whats the longest someone has given up on here and started again?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
How is everybody doing who has given up smoking?

Mine's been nearly a year, without a problem. I've done periods of similar length in the past. I'm one of those who can stop whenever I choose.

I decided to go out for a few drinks the other night because my other half was working in Germany. I figured I'd try a smoke because I'd always remembered it as pleasurable, so I dug out the remnants of an old packet. As it happened I kept on forgetting to have one, the thought only coming into my head when I was at the bar getting further pints in. "Oh shit, I've forgotten to try a smoke again. I'll grab one after this one."

Well, I never did remember, so had one on the way home. I never did finish it because it was horrible. Filthy habit. I imagine that could be me done for good, save my Christmas cigar.

Archived