1PW the new dawn FEB 26TH 2011

stevelynskey

Adam Cole bt Joey Hayes to retain the CZW title.

He then cut a promo putting the roster on notice that CZW are coming!!

Jimmy Jacobs bt Ulf Herman

Martin Kirby bt Noam Dar

Like the CZW vs 1PW build, looks to be promising. :thumbsup:

What happened to Jimmy Havoc vs Ulf? I was looking forward to that :confused:

And Dar should have won & gone on to win the openweight belt :angry:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a pretty good show tonight. Doors opened around half six, show started about 7 and ended at 9.25.

Joey vs Cole was a decent opener. Cole worked the crowd well and planted the seeds for CZW involvement later in the year.

Lionheart vs Baker was standard; nothing special but nothing bad.

The hardcore match had some crazy spots. Jimmy Havoc took a bump out of the ring and through a table, before being slammed through a table with light tubes taped to it. His back was bleeding and looked disgusting. Then Adam Cole ran in and hit Ulf with the CZW Jr title, allowing Jimmy to cover him for the pin. After the match, both Jimmy and Ulf waged war on CZW, with Ulf repeatedly calling Cole a "fucking cunt" and the likes, to the disgust of parents throughout the club.

Fight Club retained the tag titles in a decent brawl, with Adam Curtis getting involved and paying Ruffneck back for the stunners back whey they were co-GM of 1PW

Martin Kirby won in a very good match, although I cant remember how.

Burridge beat Ligero and then cut a good heel promo. He told Ligero to get out of his ring, said Lionheart stole his spot while he was out, called British wrestling shit and promised to drag 1PW up to his level with his standard of wrestling.

I was interested to see how good an instant DVD of the show was, but I was still waiting at 10.05 and gave up. That's not a complaint, as I'm not annoyed or anything, just a comment. It's a great idea if they can do it right, and there were a fair few people waiting to buy it. If it gets fair reviews, I'll pick a copy up at the next show.

I was interested to see how good an instant DVD of the show was, but I was still waiting at 10.05 and gave up. That's not a complaint, as I'm not annoyed or anything, just a comment. It's a great idea if they can do it right, and there were a fair few people waiting to buy it. If it gets fair reviews, I'll pick a copy up at the next show.

Im sure Danny will post something official, but there was a problem with the production companies equipment meaning they had some trouble burning the master copy, but the show will be avalable from available on the webstore and all future shows will stick with the "straight after" gimmick.

I really really enjoyed tonights show, was surprised by Adam Cole as he was really good and put on a great opener with Joey hays, the Ulf v Havoc match was class! the MOB took some cool bumps as usual and Noam Dar v Kirby was entertaining, Lionheart v Baker was fine nothing amazing just a solid match and the Burridge v El Ligero cant say much about Ligero never puts in a bad showing but with Burridge debut of a new gimmick was different, didnt think the gimmick matched his comedy character and hope his heel turn at the end means he doesnt do that anymore as the music/gimmick and rubbing up against women didnt work. Its sad to see Burridge turn heel as we have some great heels in the UK but not enough great faces, but just my opinion. Hope its short turn as we all love the furry dice!!

pics from the show guys................

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3044...mp;id=669099647

Just watched the show back, the live capture works very well. its a shame the production team had a problem burning the master copy as everything was ready to go.

but yeah thanks to everyone that came, i have not counted tickets but pretty sure it was a sell out as a lot of people we left standing.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was a really solid show, well organised and with some decent production values. Great to see Ulf back in 1PW and the build up for the CZW conflict was very good - the CZW posters gave a date of 24th and 25th September but no mention of a venue yet (hopefully somewhere up North).

Interesting to see what the heavyweight title tournament brings - the next round will have Jimmy Havoc, Martin Kirby, Lionheart and Burridge in. Not sure which of the latter three would be best to go against Havoc but either Kirby or Burridge will have a great match against Lionheart no doubt.

Got a few good pics I hope to be posting soon.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was a really solid show, well organised and with some decent production values. Great to see Ulf back in 1PW and the build up for the CZW conflict was very good - the CZW posters gave a date of 24th and 25th September but no mention of a venue yet (hopefully somewhere up North).

Interesting to see what the heavyweight title tournament brings - the next round will have Jimmy Havoc, Martin Kirby, Lionheart and Burridge in. Not sure which of the latter three would be best to go against Havoc but either Kirby or Burridge will have a great match against Lionheart no doubt.

Got a few good pics I hope to be posting soon.

I think the plan from 1PW/CZW is to have one show in the North in the same Chester/North Wales style area that the majority of other shows are and another down South. That's from what the Facebook page says anyway.

I really liked the show, some very good matches all the way through. I had a chance to get a photo with Ulf, who when I asked if he charged for photos like some people do, said "Fuck that shit." My respect for Ulf went through the roof so I look like a ridiculously happy child in the photo. Good man, very funny. Based on Burridge's promo at the end of the show, I can see it leading to a Burridge/Lionheart match in the final for the new champion. Who faces Kirby and Havoc in the semi is up in the air though.

Great to hear it was a sell-out as well, very positive signs for 1PW!! I'll see you in May for The Last Stand (and maybe the Friday show...we shall see)

I had a chance to get a photo with Ulf, who when I asked if he charged for photos like some people do, said "Fuck that shit." My respect for Ulf went through the roof so I look like a ridiculously happy child in the photo. Good man, very funny.

Ditto, got a photo with Ulf and Lionheart was kind enough to post for a photo with my wife. In fact, hanging around after the show to see if the instant DVDs would be available, I got a chance to chat with several of the wrestlers who were all really decent blokes.

Based on Burridge's promo at the end of the show, I can see it leading to a Burridge/Lionheart match in the final for the new champion. Who faces Kirby and Havoc in the semi is up in the air though.

I think Burridge vs. Havoc would be a fitting match considering Burridge's promo - I can see him pouring scorn on the 'deathmatch' wrestlers.

If someone can just clear something up, is Martin Kirby in the world title tournament? I got the impression that him vs Dar was not a tournament qualifier, but some people in this thread are under the impression that he is.

Lionheart thought he was based on what he said after the show, but I can't recall it being mentioned. I didn't expect the hardcore match to be part of the tournament but it seems to be.

Not sure if these matches are all of the first round of the tournament or whether there will be more first round matches?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived