ninevisions

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It reminds me of this:

NellyHotinHerre.jpg

Hot in Herre

Now I now it's 'dope' to mis-spell words in the world of hip-hop, but mis-spelling of Hot In Herre never made any sense to me. Why did they add in an extra 'r'? What did it achieve? I can understand people mis-spelling words such as 'hate=h8' and 'love-luv' (although I still think it's fucking moranic), but the Nelly track name was just pointless. The Corre is the same.

• Moderators

I'm with Big Zeke, so the smackdown version wins. I hope my fellow Gog, Big Baz Griff, can forgive me. Hopefully they'll fuck their own stable of just them two smacking everyone about in the near future.

The Nexus is all about CM Punk. I can't recall Harris, McGillicutty, or Otunga doing anything remotely intimidating/menacing. Apart from on each other. Have McGillicutty or Harris had a match on RAW yet (aside from the tag match against Cena/Orton 3 months ago). I personally feel that they are just there to back Punk up, at least Slater and Gabriel wrestled.

I keep thinking of the "Corrie" when I see the word Corre.

This brings me onto my theory, though I rarely watch soaps so you'll have to excuse me if I've got this one wrong.

I reckon Trips and the rest of creative sat down around Christmas time and tuned into Coronation Street and thus got their idea for this new faction. Those who watched the show and subsequent storyline unfold would know that it was David who was originally the one believed to have attacked Tracey, who was found by Steve, who in turn was found by Ken in a scenario which looked as though Steve had been the one who had assaulted Tracey, though us - the audience - were led to believe that it was David who had done it, only for it to turn out to be Claire who had been the attacker the whole time.

For this theory:

Tracey = Teddy Long

David = Barrett, Zeke, Gabriel, Slater

Claire = Actual attacker

Ken and Steve = Irrelevant here.

Ergo The Corre will turn out to have been innocent the whole time, with some other Superstar being revealed somewhere down the line in a Who-ran-over-Austin?-esque scenario.

Within weeks we'll see Barrett and co. running wild in these bad boys:

corre.jpg

• Paid Members

To me, the Nexus got pretty shitty after Skip Sheffield and Michael Tarver left, and McGillicutty and Harris joined. I can't take the latter two seriously at all, mainly because of their terrible, terrible names. Not that Skip Sheffield's much better, but he looks like a friggin' psycho so he gets a pass from me.

So yeah, I prefer The Corre at this point. Wherever Tarver and Sheffield end up when they return (if either stable) will be better off for it.

Also after watching Smackdown, I think the Nexus get the win from me, CM Punk is the only one who gets mic time, while The Corre had everyone talking, and after hearing from Zeke, Gabriel and Slater its clear that Wade Barrett should be the only mouthpiece for the faction.

Zeke and Mason need better finishers, the first one to nail some nasty slam looking thing wins IMO.

Zeke would suit some sort of running Dominator to a tee.

What?! The last thing Big 'Zeke needs is a different finisher, his big fuck off Uranage slam is tremendous.

I thought The Corre were established well on Smackdown, they took the best parts of Nexus and moved them over to inject some life into the show.

Also after watching Smackdown, I think the Nexus get the win from me, CM Punk is the only one who gets mic time, while The Corre had everyone talking, and after hearing from Zeke, Gabriel and Slater its clear that Wade Barrett should be the only mouthpiece for the faction.

How can you say that? Hearing about a 'Sternum crushing 450 splesh' in a thick South African accent is top notch.

I don't know about that. I thought Mr. Slater was pretty convincing even with his goofy accent. Defo the best out of a bad lot.

Zeke and Gabriel will improve the more chance they get to work a mic in front of a audience.

Archived