Nexus and The Core

ninevisions

i dont know bout you lot, but Since CM Punk has taken over Nexus, i've lost nearly all my intrest in the faction, i'm more interested in the Core, must be Wade Berrett lol, or that i feel that the New Nexus feels a lot like the S.E.S (which came to an abrupt end) bottom line being i feel that the Core is better than the Nexus

Anyone Agree or Disagree?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is better when Punk is involved. Yet to see much of The Corre obviously, so I'll reserve judgement until I've seen this weeks Smackdown. One hope I have for this story is that it doesn't just become 'Nexus vs Corre'. I want there to be a real 'bigger picture' here, hopefully having something to do with the Raw general manager.

It's not really working with both groups being heels, in my opinion. With Wade getting kicked out of the Nexus he totally should've turned face and set up a rival faction. I know they're trying with the Nexus stuff but it's stale as fuck over on Raw, and setting up an identical group with the one who can't talk, the one who's a complete cunt, and Ezekiel Jackson isn't going to do anyone any favours.

Edit: Surely it's "The Core", not "Corre"? Surely to Christ.

CM Punk is fantastic at playing this maniacal and twisted character, so by proxy he makes Nexus interesting.

The Core isn't bad mind. But Punk just had the most interesting Raw main event in quite a while and I'm more interested in what he does next more so than Wade Barrett.

I think they'll have The Corre turn face after the Rumble with Punk and Barrett squaring off at Mania, with the losing team having to disband.

I've no idea how they're going to play it at the Royal Rumble on the night though, the two teams (or members thereof) are inevitably going to lock horns during the match at some point or other; I'm just wondering which team will be made to look the strongest. I could imagine seeing Punk eliminating (or 'sacrificing') himself and Nexus to make it look as though the groups are going to align after the Rumble, only for Barrett to refuse (and turn Corre face) at the following night's Raw.

I'm really looking forward to see how it turns out and what goes down at the RR and Elimination Chamber.

i dont know bout you lot, but Since CM Punk has taken over Nexus, i've lost nearly all my intrest in the faction, i'm more interested in the Core, must be Wade Berrett lol, or that i feel that the New Nexus feels a lot like the S.E.S (which came to an abrupt end) bottom line being i feel that the Core is better than the Nexus

Anyone Agree or Disagree?

im more interested in the core.

I'm sort of stuck between the two, I don't prefer one group to the other, for me they are both big drawing points, Nexus are what I want to see on Raw, they are the main storyline for me that has me watching every week, whereas The Corre are what I want to see on Smackdown, again they are the main storyline that has me watching every week. I'd be watching both Raw and Smackdown anyway but those two groups are what have me wondering what'll happen next and they are the main entertaining points in both shows for me. So to answer your question I like both as much as each other. I am hoping something along the lines of what KillerTwist is saying happens though, as the obvious thing now is that when the two groups end up face to face, most possibly at the Royal Rumble, but they might surprise us and have us wait a bit longer, maybe have The Corre finally seek revenge with sneak attacks on Nexus on Raw just out of the blue, but the main way this is looking now is at some stage the two groups will go against each other. The most entertaining and biggest swerve possible would be to have the two groups join and say it was all part of the bigger picture all along, revealing they were working for the Raw GM and so on, maybe have it come out that Nexus with Punk were meant to stay on Raw and enforce things there, saying they want to take over Raw, but Wade and the others were supposedly kicked out of the group, thus appearing on Smackdown, saying they'd take it over, which was exactly what the Raw GM wanted. Now that this GM has their wishes they end up going head to head with Vince McMahon with their army of Nexus and The Corre going against Vince and the WWE Superstars. It all sounds a bit similar to the nWo and WCW but the whole Nexus thing was a bit nWoish when it first occured and they'd hopefully not copy the whole storyline, instead giving it twists along the way. I haven't a clue how well that would work but I would probably enjoy it more than just the two stables feuding with one another, saying that though a feud between them would be fun to watch but not as fun as if they went with a swerve.

I'm sort of stuck between the two, I don't prefer one group to the other, for me they are both big drawing points, Nexus are what I want to see on Raw, they are the main storyline for me that has me watching every week, whereas The Corre are what I want to see on Smackdown, again they are the main storyline that has me watching every week. I'd be watching both Raw and Smackdown anyway but those two groups are what have me wondering what'll happen next and they are the main entertaining points in both shows for me. So to answer your question I like both as much as each other. I am hoping something along the lines of what KillerTwist is saying happens though, as the obvious thing now is that when the two groups end up face to face, most possibly at the Royal Rumble, but they might surprise us and have us wait a bit longer, maybe have The Corre finally seek revenge with sneak attacks on Nexus on Raw just out of the blue, but the main way this is looking now is at some stage the two groups will go against each other.

As far as I'm aware neither group have made any mention of the other so far. I hope it's not just a case of the two factions facing each other in he usual 'battle for supremacy' because this has all the makings of something special. As you say it's a big drawing point at the moment and it makes a change for WWE to be a bit unpredictable. If it all ends up in the same old way then this is an opportunity missed. There's every chance that WWE have realised they can do big, overarching mysterious storylines in the same way other, dare I say it, television dramas do.

With any luck WWE won't loose faith or decide they can't be bothered with the story any more, or even decide to blow it off at Wrestlemania. This could go on and on if they keep putting fresh twists in to the mix.

That extra 'r' has rendered the whole debate moot as far as I'm concerned. I just can't get past it. When they first introduced themselves as 'The Core' I thought, "well, that's a shit name", but then when I saw the video wall spelling it 'Corre', that was it. It doesn't make any sense, does it? I looked for something that might make it feasible - some kind of pun, some kind of obscure reference - but I can't see anything. The whole thing just reeks of something an unimaginative child would come up with while playing with his toys or perhaps a sim. Awful.

And I have to say, name aside I'm still massively underwhelmed. We're only a week and half into their existence and it already feels like a straight-to-video retread of what we saw on Raw. Boring.

Archived