Text message sending problem

tom

• Paid Members

Well after looking around on Google for the last day or so without any success I thought I'd see if anyone on here could help out :

Been sending lots of text messages to this girl that I'm on course to getting into a relationship with it seems but as of the last few days she hasn't been receiving my messages. Now before you all chime in and say that she must be ignoring me, I've actually talked to her online and she's confirmed she's not been getting my replies to her texts, or any texts from me for that matter. I switched delivery reports on to see what was going on, and the odd thing is, I'm getting delivery reports for the messages but she's not receiving them. I'm with Orange and she's with T-Mobile. She is receiving texts from other people but I'm unsure which network they are on and I'm sending texts to other people which are being received. She's got quite a shitty old phone which probably isn't helping matters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Are you texts to other people getting there? Have you checked your delivery centre phone number for texts? Is her inbox full? Are you texting the right number? Can she send texts to you and other people? Has your number been blocked by her, her network or her phone? have you a credit limit with your provider have you exceeded it for texts? Has your provider had a delivery centre problem?

If your phone isnt sending texts to her/anyone but the delivery centre number is right then try your sim in a different phone, and try her to text you whilst your sim is in a different phone.

Get some one to put there sim in your phone and text you on it while its in a different handset

If there are no network delays or none of the above is working is a problem, then yeah, she's pretty much ignoring you

If you're sending them, you're getting delivery reports and she's not getting the messages it could be on her end where the problem lies. Is she getting messages from other people?

You may have to face the fact that she could just be deleting your texts on arrival, but doesn't have the heart to knock you back flat out.

Or, and this is probably unlikely. Are you sure you have her correct number? I've been given a few fake numbers in my time, she could have just passed you any random number or an old number that she doesn't use anymore.

• Paid Members
If you're sending them, you're getting delivery reports and she's not getting the messages it could be on her end where the problem lies. Is she getting messages from other people?

You may have to face the fact that she could just be deleting your texts on arrival, but doesn't have the heart to knock you back flat out.

Or, and this is probably unlikely. Are you sure you have her correct number? I've been given a few fake numbers in my time, she could have just passed you any random number or an old number that she doesn't use anymore.

We've been texting solidly for about a month and a half now, and she is texting me and I reply so it's the right number. We talk every night on Skype and are going on a date soon so, thankfully it's not a case of her ignoring me or anything like that

Are you texts to other people getting there? Have you checked your delivery centre phone number for texts? Is her inbox full? Are you texting the right number? Can she send texts to you and other people? Has your number been blocked by her, her network or her phone? have you a credit limit with your provider have you exceeded it for texts? Has your provider had a delivery centre problem?

If your phone isnt sending texts to her/anyone but the delivery centre number is right then try your sim in a different phone, and try her to text you whilst your sim is in a different phone.

Texts to others are being received fine. Delivery centre number is fine. She emptied her inbox. She can send texts to me no problem. How would you know if the network has blocked the number, and likewise with the phone itself? I'm on contract so no credit limits and I don't think there's a delivery centre problem.

Archived