Ever really wanted to.....

NorthSeaTiger

• Paid Members

A one time friend became a shop manager who I'd happily see in the obituaries. Slagged me off and lied about me to our mates behind my back, blamed all the errors on me (even on the days I wasn't there) and tried to pay me with shop items if the daily takings were shite (which I took him up on if there was something I was intending to buy. Other than on those occasions, he could fuck off).

I decided not to go back when he phoned me three times on a day off to ask where some shoes in the stock room had gone. Had he not let a bunch of kids run riot in the shop and go in the stock room whenever they wanted, they wouldn't have gone missing (also on a day I wasn't there). The third phone call culminated with him saying that I was dead if he didn't find the shoes. I said "Alright", the sarcasm of which was lost on him as he said "OK" as though I took him seriously. I'm not sure what he said after that because I put the phone down.

The next day I heard from everyone apart from him that I'd been fired for hanging up on him. I told them what happened and that I hadn't intended on going back anyway. The manager didn't know that, and if he did he wouldn't have posted around

I wouldn't defend of the people mentioned in the thread as they all sound like grade a cunts, all I ever try to do is treat people with respect, and ask them to work hard, I wouldnt ever not do anything I ever ask my staff to do, and I'm very proud of them all

The manager I had at one of my first jobs was really annoying and seemed to go out of his way to get me out the door not long after I joined.

I got a job in The Hilton Hotel after uni as a stop gap before I found a decent job. It was as a waiter and there were 3 function rooms, if there was alot on in the hotel duty managers would join the banqueting manager to help and all the waiters were told to take orders from any manager.

The first 4 months went fine and I even found out my manager was a wrestling fan and he gave me a day off to watch the Royal Rumble and attend shows. However suddenly he started leaving me off the rota (the job was as and when required and there was no contract stating you would get work) even although the hotel was busy and everyone was clearly needed. He would give me and the other more newer staff all the crappy jobs whereas the guys who had been there for ages and knew him outside of work would get the easy life. He started giving me and others bollockings in front of the rest of the staff and would shout and swear for no reason at all and almost everyone else on the rota would have a shift apart from me some wks. When I confronted him about it he gave me some nonsense about there not being enough work which was bull cause everyone else was on.

This went on for another 4 months or so and he even started sending me and others to different parts of the hotel to do other jobs we weren't trained on claiming he had to many staff which again was bull. About 2 wks before I left the hotel was busy one night and a duty manager asked for my help in another function room which I did. About half an hour later I returned to the main room where they were setting up and my manager gave me about a 10 min bollocking as if I was a kid which included use the F word several times in front of other staff wanting to know where I had been. I explained that I had been following another managers orders which I was ment to do, no matter what I said I was in the wrong and he sent me home for the night. About 2 wks and only 1 more shift later I got my current office job and quit before I was sacked.

not the main boss but one of the duty managers in the cinema i worked at was a right cunt to me, i'd been pulled over once because of a failed mystery shopper which i had no problem with as i should have followed the letter of the law as it were and didnt. but the incident that made me want to punch him was a whole different matter

the whole concession team, and by whole i mean those that were either working that day or had bothered their arse to go, were called into a 6pm meeting on a tuesday night because there had been stock and till shortages. this was a problem for me as i was in college at the time, and tuesdays was one of my busy days where i had lessons from 9am. i had to duck out of an important lesson that wasnt due to end till 5, explaining that i had to be at this meeting.

when i got to work, i was pissed off to find that the meeting had been held up for 20 mins, waiting for others to arrive. when it finally got underway we all got a bollocking over the shortages which we all agreed were bordering on the bizarre. then this cunt of a manager decides to call me out personally, in front of everyone, and give me a roasting over mystery shopper (i had picked my game up after the first one, but apparently failed again one day which i wasnt aware of) and threatened to fire me if it happened again.

i stayed calm in my seat but as soon as we left the office i lost my rag big time because i felt it was a classless thing to do, he could have discussed it in private with me rather than making me feel 1 foot tall in front of my workmates including a girl i had a bit of a crush on. i would have happily taken a firing there and then just to wipe the smugness off the cunts gob but luckily for me, within a few months of the incident he left anyway for some other job

My current boss is awesome, the best boss I've had, genuinely a great person and doesn't treat you like you are beneath her because she is called 'manager'.

Now other bosses/supervisors I've had have been complete cunts, I suppose cause I work part time in a retail environment thats what you get but oh well. Had a gay Supervisor in River Island and I fucking hated him so much. Literally the most despicable person on earth. Maybe he hated himself so much he had to treat other people like dirt. I know I'd hate myself if I was 45 and working in River Island and taking the job way to seriously. The manager was a complete bitch too. I see no reason why the job had to be so stressful. I go in do the shift, work hard and thats it. I don't want the job to depress me and take away all my faith in humanity. Lolz, that job made me so angry. It was one of the best times in my life when I quit.

My current boss is awesome, the best boss I've had, genuinely a great person and doesn't treat you like you are beneath her because she is called 'manager'.

I work in a large office now and most of the line managers just let you get on with your work and leave you alone which is great.

The only problem I have and I dont know if this affects other people but alot of line managers in my work seem to have work as their entire life. I have seen some of their facebook profiles and its only people from work they have as their friends. They go home and think about it at night and also at weekends and think about issues that are happening in work all the time whereas I go in do my shift and go home. The only time I think of work outside the place is thinking about when Im booking my time off.

• Paid Members

Ahhh, back in my younger days of working in retail.

My first job. We went through a couple of manager and other supervisors. They were all superb. Then came along a new store manager.

How someone like her got into the position she is now I will never know. Blonde Bimbo with an attitude is what I'd call her.

Apart from being an absolute twat personality wise she had many flaws. I am only going to name a few.

Firstly, she could never EVER do her shift rotas. Now I don't know how it works with budgets in retail so I can maybe forgive the stupid 3 hour shifts. But at the time they really weren't worth it.

Archived