DC Universe Online

Matt360

• Paid Members

Im on. I have created a few characters so far (Well the kids have jumped in and made a couple). Having previously played things like WoW, this appealed to me as it was on the PS3 and the controller lends itself very well the game. Graphically great, game play as you would expect, however they have removed the grinding aspect by making XP so low for taking out characters (That are not part of a quest) that it's not worth doing.

My complaints are currently the servers tend to suffer from lag and crashes at certain points of the day and there was no option for Lightning as a power (Minor Niggle). Also those gamers who eat sleep and breathe these games are already on level 20 by the end of day 1 release are already going around ganking you. Pack mentality is best.

Oh and the setup/download files - 11gb from the disc (Took about 40 minutes) and then a 2gb patch from the servers (Which took best part of 1hr 45 mins) So make sure you have plenty of time to spare (And disc space) when setting up.

Im going to end up playing on after the first 30 days free I think, it depends on whether anyone else will.

My characters are:

Dr. Thunder (Villan - The Joker as Mentor) inspired by the Asda Rip off of Dr. Pepper.

Dark Archer (Villan - The Joker as Mentor) altered version of the Green Arrow.

Van Hammer (Hero - Superman as Mentor) Modled on the very same 90's WCW Wrestler, however he looks more like Thor. Has a large hammer for a weapon.

It's definetly worth a look, Im only at lv.6 after 2 hours of playtime so I will try and make further comment after i'm deeper into the game.

My flatmate has it, he's into it but he says his major problem is that you seem to do the same kind of missions repeatedly. He says he can see himself bored of it in a a month. On the upside though he tells me some of the powers you can perform are awesome.

My flatmate has it, he's into it but he says his major problem is that you seem to do the same kind of missions repeatedly. He says he can see himself bored of it in a a month. On the upside though he tells me some of the powers you can perform are awesome.

Yeah, I've heard there is a massive dearth of content after the first 20 hours or so. Once you blast into the Mid 20's [Which by all accounts is very, very easy] there is nothing else to do, yet anyway.

Well so far I'm enjoying it and finding it quite addictive. I bought it on day release and I'm level 12. Never really played a MMO before, so it's all quite new to me. I traded in a couple of games and got it for a tenner, so I might keep it for a month or two, turned the automatic funding off on my Playstation Settings so I'd only have to pay the money when I want to play.

If you can get it on the cheap like me, I'd recommend getting it, at least for the 30 day trial. I usually only play my games for a month or two anyways before I get bored of them.

Archived