Post Of The Year 2011 Nominations

tiger_rick

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If they do induct Ron Simmons, I hope when he makes his acceptance speech he doesnt bang on about Pete Doherty and Daniel Radcliffe. I dont think I could stand to hear that shit again.

This from Ian in the Hall of Fame thread made me laugh like a loon at work!

I guess you need to have read the backstory though.

• Awards Moderator

Ian_hitmanhart silences a silly comment in a swift, decisive and tremendous manner in the '2-21-11' thread:

Why is it whether the subject is Sting supposedly signing for WWE or fucking Mr. Bean's new film coming out at the pictures, it always goes back to "Cena should turn heel"?

You tell 'em, Ian.

• Paid Members
Santina Marella and the Seven Divas

Lost in the main event title picture, seven divas appear in a dream-like sequence to assist Santina in her quest to become WWE Divas Champion. Pronounced dead after being punted in the head by Randy Orton, she is suddenly awakened with the kiss of life from Goldust. He then rapes her as the divas watch on.

From the "ideas for WWE movies" thread.

• Paid Members
Santina Marella and the Seven Divas

Lost in the main event title picture, seven divas appear in a dream-like sequence to assist Santina in her quest to become WWE Divas Champion. Pronounced dead after being punted in the head by Randy Orton, she is suddenly awakened with the kiss of life from Goldust. He then rapes her as the divas watch on.

From the "ideas for WWE movies" thread.

Good lord man! You must be on a wind up?

• Paid Members

These two, however, deserve shouts. Both from the Anti-Valentines thread.

Like most normal men, I'll be spending this Valentines Day with my beautiful wife.

Enjoy your prostitutes and cheap liquor, gents.

Most normal men spend Valentines Day with your beautiful wife?

iuDx8.gif

I am of course referring to Keith's post here rather than David's amusing smilie.

Bit homo to be fair.

Oh and I suppose having sex with loads of men makes me a bit homo as well does it?

You fascist.

• Paid Members

Credit where credit is due, Carbomb does a masterful parody of a goofy clubber stereotype in the Clubber thread:

Tell you something cool I got my hands on recently: vol.3 (Republic of Mani-chester) of the Hacienda compilation series, Japanese special edition. Fuggin' mint, mate. Makes me really annoyed at my mum for not uncrossing her legs earlier so I could've been born in time for the early 90s rave scene.

Got The Farm with "Groovy Train" and "Stepping Stone", Leftfield's "Not Forgotten", The Soup Dragons' "I'm Free", Humanoid's "Stakker Humanoid", and Nitro Deluxe's "This Brutal House", among a load of other classics. Well worth picking up.

Also, on Youtube, someone's put up a really cool documentary video (might have been staged for the purposes of re-creation, or may have actually been filmed at the time, it looks very authentic) of the rave/party scene at the time - bunch of lads at their mates place just chilling out, making fish-finger sandwiches and various junk food, while sorting out their stashes and whatnot, before getting the call on the phone telling them where it's going to be, at which point they call cabs and drive off into the night to the rave, where they absolutely hammer it. It's really grimy and proto-looking, giving you a glimpse of what things were like before the cultural industries caught on and codified it all into the mainstream and/or corporate nightclub scene.

Archived