Post Of The Year 2011 Nominations

tiger_rick

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I found the following really funny, but not in context and because it was meant to be:

I feel like a little kid again hearing that! Fuck me, I might even pay for it!

But the AshC one is amazing! It's worth quoting again for me as it had me applauding my monitor:

I'd like to nominate this gem from user AshC in the "Possible Wrestlemania 28 locations?" thread.

Apparently Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook invested heavily in transport infrastructure a few years back to set up a possible WrestleMania bid. The last I heard though things had turned somewhat sour. In which case, I say give it to New Orleans.

Simple but a great reference.

"By golly, it sure put them on the map!"

• Paid Members
Apparently Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook invested heavily in transport infrastructure a few years back to set up a possible WrestleMania bid. The last I heard though things had turned somewhat sour. In which case, I say give it to New Orleans.

"By golly, it sure put them on the map!"

That was indeed awesome. Looking back on this thread, seems it got enough seconds, but I'll also add to the number of people who agreed with the nomination.

"MONORAAAAAAAIL!"

• Paid Members

This one should be a candidate, I think - it's good to hear about good things happening in a depressed world. Who'd have thought a thread started by Dynamite Duane would get such good responses?

A couple of weeks before Christmas i found 400 quid in cash lying on the floor in my local Asda. It was first thing in morning and shop was practically empty. I took it to the customer service desk straight away and handed it in. They took my details should they need to contact me and a couple of hours later a wee old man phoned to thank me for handing it in. Turns out he had lifted his pension and was shopping for his grandkids etc and it fell out his pocket when he went for a hankie.

Not once did i think about keeping it. Poor auld bugger would have been gutted losing that kinda cash so near Xmas. I'm more happy he got it back.Although my mates did rib me for being so honest. :thumbsup:

This one should be a candidate, I think - it's good to hear about good things happening in a depressed world. Who'd have thought a thread started by Dynamite Duane would get such good responses?

A couple of weeks before Christmas i found 400 quid in cash lying on the floor in my local Asda. It was first thing in morning and shop was practically empty. I took it to the customer service desk straight away and handed it in. They took my details should they need to contact me and a couple of hours later a wee old man phoned to thank me for handing it in. Turns out he had lifted his pension and was shopping for his grandkids etc and it fell out his pocket when he went for a hankie.

Not once did i think about keeping it. Poor auld bugger would have been gutted losing that kinda cash so near Xmas. I'm more happy he got it back.Although my mates did rib me for being so honest. :thumbsup:

That is a good post, only let down a little by the inclusion of wrestling "code" in the description of how his mates reacted.

• Paid Members

That is a good post, only let down a little by the inclusion of wrestling "code" in the description of how his mates reacted.

Wrestling code... ribbing someone isnt wrestling code. Its just everyday slang. Unless I have been wooshed. Again.

• Paid Members

Quality one-liner from fellow off-topic emperor Waterboy:-

Anyone know how/where to get Carling Cup Final tickets, or apply for them? My mate is an Arsenal fan so we fancy going, are there any on general sale or do you have to do it directly through the club?

http://twitter.com/robbieearle

Archived