Interesting Royal Rumble This Year

rvd_mr_ppv

A few returns or debuts could shake things up leading to mania,

I'd like Chris Jericho return as a face with new music, video etc (I know he was punted by orton to be taken off tv but these things can & usually are forgotten about)

Booker T could be a fresh face for SD!

Mason Ryan to debut hes been working house shows/dark matches so he must be close, just chuck a few guys out, would be a decent surprize and we have had a non nxt debut for ages apart from del rio

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cena will win hands down. Triple H will return but something will happen to set up him vs Sheamus. People on Smackdown havent been built up as main eventers (apart from Del Rio, whom i would love to see win the rumble but wont) Only 2 heels have won it in the last 10 years (Lesnar and Orton) and WWE consider the Raw title more important. My pick is Cena for a boring victory and a mania win with whoever comes out the chamber in Feb as champ.

• Paid Members
Cena will win hands down. Triple H will return but something will happen to set up him vs Sheamus. People on Smackdown havent been built up as main eventers (apart from Del Rio, whom i would love to see win the rumble but wont) Only 2 heels have won it in the last 10 years (Lesnar and Orton) and WWE consider the Raw title more important. My pick is Cena for a boring victory and a mania win with whoever comes out the chamber in Feb as champ.

Wasn't Lesnar a face at this point? After Heyman had betrayed him for Big show/Angle, thus him having to beat Show earlier in the night and then setting up him vs Angle for mania by winning the rumble?

Wasn't Lesnar a face at this point? After Heyman had betrayed him for Big show/Angle, thus him having to beat Show earlier in the night and then setting up him vs Angle for mania by winning the rumble?

Good point. In that case only 1 heel has won it in the last 10 years. Although i realise the whole selling point for mania is the face chasing the title and finally winning it on the big stage. But i wouldnt mind seeing a heel win it this year. Maybe Punk with the help of Nexus, then Cena winning the belt at Elimination Chamber thus setting up Punk vs Cena at Mania with Cena overcoming the odds (yet again) and being the big time face retaining his belt.

A few returns or debuts could shake things up leading to mania,

I'd like Chris Jericho return as a face with new music, video etc (I know he was punted by orton to be taken off tv but these things can & usually are forgotten about)

Booker T could be a fresh face for SD!

Mason Ryan to debut hes been working house shows/dark matches so he must be close, just chuck a few guys out, would be a decent surprize and we have had a non nxt debut for ages apart from del rio

have they run any vignettes for Mason Ryan? Would it really be a 'decent suprise' having never been mentioned or seen before. Everyone would just be left wondering "who the hell is this guy?"

Mason Ryan wont debut until after Wrestlemania when they always have new talent debut. I think people who are expecting a Jericho return are being slightly optimistic too. Christian has been nothing since he returned from TNA, I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Wellllll, certaintly didn't see that coming!

Will be interesting to see who the suprise returns are this year considering there are now 10 more spaces to fill.

I wonder if this will just be a one off this year & if it will be explained why at all or if it will be 40 from now on.

Forty? Wow. There was a time a few years back when the rosters were so full a few people suggested that. Wasn't expecting it to ever happen though.

I can see the remaining spots going to the following:

31. D.H. Smith (Raw)

32. Jimmy/Jey Uso (they will toss a coin for the spot or something Raw)

33. Zack Ryder (Raw)

34. William Regal (Raw)

35. Chris Masters (SmackDown!)

36. Tyler Rekks (SmackDown!)

37. Great Khali (Surprise Return #4)

38. Skip Sheffield (Surprise Return #5)

39. Ron Simmons (Surprise Return #6)

40. Jerry Lawler (Mystery Opponent)

Even with forty men I still left out one Uso, Primo Colon, Darren Young, Curt Hawkins and Yoshi Tatsu.

are there many people still around who can be brought in as suprise enterants, i.e. the likes of RVD, Mr. Perfect, etc, etc

This is from the O.P. I didn't know that Mr. Perfect was still around i thought he was dead. Hell there are a few more spots to fill now though if WWE have confirmed the 40 man rumble. NXT anyone?

I reckon a good idea would be to have one of this season's NXT jobbers in the Rumble through some competition the week before. Have a Battle Royal, beat the clock or some silly challenge with the winner getting a spot in the Rumble. Doesn't really do any harm having just one of them in it, and it'd give them a PPV bonus or something to tell the grandkids about.

are there many people still around who can be brought in as suprise enterants, i.e. the likes of RVD, Mr. Perfect, etc, etc

This is from the O.P. I didn't know that Mr. Perfect was still around i thought he was dead.

I know Perfect is dead Thanks, the i.e. meant as in a one night suprise like RVD (2009 entry) or end up in returning in a full capcity like Perfect did after his 2002 entry in the Rumble, many expected it a one night deal, but then they signed him back. They were used as what you call 'examples'.

;)

I predicted that Bret Hart will turn up in another thread, so might as well put it in the relevant topic. They seem to ship him out every now and again, so a match with 40 spaces to fill wouldnt surprise me.

Is there really a safe way for Bret to be Eliminated over the top without it looking so pathetic, botched or protected. It's easier to use him to a limited capacity in a match but to get him Eliminated over the Top Rope, I think they'd have to come up with something clever to not only protect him physically, but as to not make it look like a terrible Elimination either.

According to the wrestling news sites today there will 40 enterants into this years Ruble match. Why are messing with the format after so many years? I think its wrong as it will spoil what has happened in Rumble matches of old. Stick to the same format its not broken why try fix it.

Archived