Dirtiest Wrestlers in History

tnauk

Vader?

I never watched much of Vader but why the hell would a guy that size need to cheat or be dirt to win? Just because he could?

It was more a reply along the Skinner line, i.e. he had a nasty reputation with other wrestlers for not washing his gear, especially his mask!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Breaks is a good shout. One of the top five wrestlers I heard a lot about growing up (another would be Mike Marino who I still need to see more of but is another that family/friends would mention a lot) but never really saw much of until comparatively recently when TWC started showing WoS and that original 20 week run John Lister put together had five or six awesome Breaks matches on it (by which point I remember $tew, myself and someone else asking Lister if there were any more in the next batch... which there were). Easily my favourite World of Sport guy to watch.

His interaction with the audience might have been the best seen from any heel ever. I can certainly see why so many who were fans at the time remember him so vividly especially if they saw him live (speaking of which, I don't know if they count as dirty but the first two wrestlers my dad always talks about seeing when he talks about going to the shows with his mates as a teenager are: Dr. Death and Kendo Nagasaki).

In general though, I liked the style of most of the (non-monster) World of Sport heels with the way they'd be able to take advantage of the rounds wrestle fair for a bit then more and more as the match progressed. Just a really cool way of getting the audience to dislike you more and more as the story develops.

I know it wasn't cheating/dirty but Breaks had the nastiest looking finisher of all time as well.

Breaks was a real talent, He could do it all but had the brains to suss that you only had to do a little (very well) & you got paid the same money with less risk of injury. I had the pleasure of watching him live, many times & as a heel he was unusual in the sense that the crowd liked him even though the did"nt? (what i mean is he was always popular until he got in the ring).

It is hard to imagine today, but his bumble bee trunks were quite "The Gimmick" back then. Talking of his interaction, it was not uncommon for him to have full on conversations with members of the audience during his matches. This worked well because it gave the impression he was so in control of his match that he hardly had to concentrate.

One of my all time favourites for sure!

Archived