Dirtiest Wrestlers in History

tnauk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breaks is a good shout. One of the top five wrestlers I heard a lot about growing up (another would be Mike Marino who I still need to see more of but is another that family/friends would mention a lot) but never really saw much of until comparatively recently when TWC started showing WoS and that original 20 week run John Lister put together had five or six awesome Breaks matches on it (by which point I remember $tew, myself and someone else asking Lister if there were any more in the next batch... which there were). Easily my favourite World of Sport guy to watch.

His interaction with the audience might have been the best seen from any heel ever. I can certainly see why so many who were fans at the time remember him so vividly especially if they saw him live (speaking of which, I don't know if they count as dirty but the first two wrestlers my dad always talks about seeing when he talks about going to the shows with his mates as a teenager are: Dr. Death and Kendo Nagasaki).

In general though, I liked the style of most of the (non-monster) World of Sport heels with the way they'd be able to take advantage of the rounds wrestle fair for a bit then more and more as the match progressed. Just a really cool way of getting the audience to dislike you more and more as the story develops.

I know it wasn't cheating/dirty but Breaks had the nastiest looking finisher of all time as well.

• Paid Members
Jericho?.

Interesting because while there are dozens of wrestlers over the years that may have done worse in the context of matches themselves, "Mr Loophole" was somewhat groundbreaking in that he went to unseen lengths behind the scenes to get things changed, cancelled, overturned in his favour. The bastard.

In a similar vein, the Million $ Man would have been kicked out of the WWF and imprisoned if it were real. He could have had the cell next to Fash.

Jericho?.

Interesting because while there are dozens of wrestlers over the years that may have done worse in the context of matches themselves, "Mr Loophole" was somewhat groundbreaking in that he went to unseen lengths behind the scenes to get things changed, cancelled, overturned in his favour. The bastard.

In a similar vein, the Million $ Man would have been kicked out of the WWF and imprisoned if it were real.

He would have used his vast wealth to weasel his way out of serving hard time. You make a good point: DiBiase's character was about being able to go above and beyond the parameters of a wrestling match in terms of manipulating things in his favour (rather than just cheating in an actual match which is a very basic version of the same thing) like trying to buy the WWF Title from Hogan, then when that failed buying out Andre's contract from Heenan so he could buy the belt off him instead, etc.

By the same token Vince McMahon was someone who seemed to have all the cards stacked in his favour.

Archived