Brock Lesnar

jimufctna24

• Paid Members

That Eddie Guerrero promo the week before their match at No Way Out.

I don't even know if Brock said anything, but he was still present for one of the greatest promos ever, so by default it's one of the best things he was involved in.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was THE moment of his career. He looked like the end of days in that match. An incredible sight. For all that people complain about Hogan's antics, when he decides to put someone over, he puts them fucking over.

That was the end of him doing that, though. He never got his win back against Brock, and never really did against Angle, and it seemed to sour him on the idea.

There's several matches that have been named already so I'll not repeat them but one thing that hasn't been mentioned was his comedy feud with milk-drinking angle. Their push up competitions and trying to out-do one another made for some excellent viewing.

I must admit I've not deliberately watched any Brock matches since he left the company, but this topic has really reminded me of how good he was.

How come?

Not sure. I tend to watch a lot of HBK, Angle and Bret Hart matches, as well as catching up on a lot of stuff that I've never seen before. That tends to keep me busy, without stretching out to people like Lesnar, who haven't really been on my radar since. Obviously there's been the occasional match he's been in, but I've not deliberately watched it FOR him, if that makes sense.

I really loved the Brock Lock, it just looked bloody painful, and I always thought it was a shame he left the company only 3-4 months after introducing it. It could have got over as a killer submission move for years to come I think, it just looked like it hurt unlike some wrestling submissions which just don't.

Anyway my favourite moment was probably the match with Eddie. I was seriously marking out at the end when Eddie "beat the odds" and won, and that couldn't have been achieved without Brock putting the smaller man over to a certain extent

I reckon Lesnar's defining moment for me was the Eddy build and match, because unlike anything he'd assembled with past masters of the main event scene - Rock, Taker, Angle - it proved that Lesnar could be part of a story that created intrigue and emotional interest in establishing someone else. After the non-event of the Chavo feud, the four weeks working towards Lesnar rehabilitated Eddy, pun intended, but Lesnar had to be there for Eddy in the match itself, and be there he was. He showed that not only was he a star, but he could give someone else that last push to the top tier.

Move down the card?, feud with Big Show/Angle/Taker for another year?, there really wasn't much left to do outside of a move to Raw, and a feud with HHH.

A run with Batista, a run with Orton, a run with Shawn Michaels, a run with new main eventer Cena, a run with on-his-way-to-main-events Edge, possible fresh PPV bouts with Rey or Benoit, turn him face and put him against JBL and Umaga, leave him heel and pit him against the returned Jeff Hardy, then Lashley... OK, I've only got into 2007 and I'm already bored of the matches that the years to come could have featured for Brock.

Only difference is by summer 2008 we'd have been sick of "HHH, Cena, Orton, Batista AND BROCK have wrestled each other too many times" blah blah blah.

Funny thing is believe or not I never minded when Brock went through re-run feuds with Angle,Taker or Big Show of course if they would have resurected them again in 2004 if he had not left I probably would have, maybe not the propoesed Taker feud as Brock was so white hot coming of the Eddie feud and had grown so much as a all rounder I would have been glued to anything he did

Its funny I never minded Brock going through re-runs in 2003 when I just stopped properly watching during Orton vs Cena Part 127 and Orton vs HHH part 358

Brock just seems to have somthing the main eventers/faces of the company after him didnt have for me, Batista whilst a hoot as a heel I dont think grew to be a good all rounder as him plus from his feud with HHH up until his heel turn I found him a crushing bore , I actually think Brock is better at all aspects of the game than Batista, Brock was never as annoying and overbearing Cena and I enjoyed Brocks matches a lot more, and Orton has just never been as entertaining to me as Brock was.

As for Brock as a draw remember that Vonce was trying to set up a MMA/UFC style fight with Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson in 2002 if that would have happened and Brock would have won (which he almost certainly would under mixed rules) I think Brock would have been a solid draw for Vince, maybe not as big as Austin or Rock but more than HHH,Orton,Batista,HBK and maybe even Cena

• Paid Members
Its funny I never minded Brock going through re-runs in 2003 when I just stopped properly watching during Orton vs Cena Part 127 and Orton vs HHH part 358

May be something to do with the dynamic of the Taker matches being different - in 2002 it was "just how good is Brock, can he hang with Undertaker, one of the greatest superstars ever or did he just get lucky against The Rock, is he a flash in the pan?" In 2003 it was "Brock is an unstoppable brick shithouse who has battered fuck out of everyone, BEATEN everyone and thrown a cripple down some stairs. Can Undertaker beat him?"

As for Angle, they ran the full gamut of face Lesnar v heel Angle, nicey nicey babyface sporting rivalry, and face Angle v heel Lesnar, before finally stopping before it got stale.

Had Brock stayed on SmackDown, newly face Cena v heel Brock would have been interesting on a PPV sometime between WrestleMania XX and XXI.

May be something to do with the dynamic of the Taker matches being different - in 2002 it was "just how good is Brock, can he hang with Undertaker, one of the greatest superstars ever or did he just get lucky against The Rock, is he a flash in the pan?" In 2003 it was "Brock is an unstoppable brick shithouse who has battered fuck out of everyone, BEATEN everyone and thrown a cripple down some stairs. Can Undertaker beat him?"As for Angle, they ran the full gamut of face Lesnar v heel Angle, nicey nicey babyface sporting rivalry, and face Angle v heel Lesnar, before finally stopping before it got stale.

Had Brock stayed on SmackDown, newly face Cena v heel Brock would have been interesting on a PPV sometime between WrestleMania XX and XXI.

Yeah I can understand and agree with that about the Taker feud

Still they changed the dynamic of HHH vs Orton when they resurrected that in 2009 I found it very forced and desparate and I just stopped watching until Punk started turning tweener/heel

When Orton was targetting the Vince and his family I just didnt care however when Brock and Taker started feuding again in 2003 I enjoyed it, I have never been that big a fan of Taker in fact he bores the shit out of me as a character and I flat out dont like him, but my reason for enjoying it was what I have bolded in the above post, Brock was just so damm believable as a unstoppable force, yes he is in real life but there is more to it than that as Lashley is bad ass but I never bought into him like I never bought into "IED Orton" or "Unstoppable HHH" in that 2009 feud

• Paid Members

Yeah, as great as JBL was as a heel, had Cena faced Brock Lesnar for the WWE title at Wrestlemania the match would have been absolutely humongous.

As for brilliant Lesnar moments, I'm also going for his heel turn on Kurt Angle. That was brutal.

• Paid Members
Still they changed the dynamic of HHH vs Orton when they resurrected that in 2009 I found it very forced and desparate and I just stopped watching until Punk started turning tweener/heel

Problem is that while they did a storyline and tried to change Orton's character outside the ring, the matches were nigh on the same face Trips v heel Orton they had been having for years.

Problem is that while they did a storyline and tried to change Orton's character outside the ring, the matches were nigh on the same face Trips v heel Orton they had been having for years.

I think it failed on both levels personally

Off Topic good shout on the Hogan match, that was really effective the way Hogan put Brocky boy over

Archived