Bringing back Steve Austin

Fatty Facesitter

I bet a limb that you would not see Austin vs Cena, itd be like Hogan vs Rock times a millon, and cena would be back in 2005 crowd reaction wise

I bet a limb that you would not see Austin vs Cena, itd be like Hogan vs Rock times a millon, and cena would be back in 2005 crowd reaction wise

No it wouldn't. It would be more like HHH vs. Cena times a million. The women and kids aren't going to cheer for Austin over Cena. Most of Cena's fans these days probably aren't even that aware of Austin. It would be split down the middle, and would be an amazing atmosphere. They'd be retarded not to book it if they got the chance. It would do massive business, and Cena doesn't need protecting. He thrives on the mixed reactions. That's been obvious since One Night Stand 2006.

I think his popularity has died alot since the end of the 90's to maybe 2002. When he returned to be guest host, although i was a huge fan of him back in the attitude era i didnt feel excited or happy to see him back, it just wasnt the same and the reaction he got is nothing what he used to. Times change and it seems the current WWE crowd couldnt care too much about Austin.

Thats my opinion anyway.

• Paid Members

I think his popularity has died alot since the end of the 90's to maybe 2002. When he returned to be guest host, although i was a huge fan of him back in the attitude era i didnt feel excited or happy to see him back, it just wasnt the same and the reaction he got is nothing what he used to. Times change and it seems the current WWE crowd couldnt care too much about Austin.

Thats my opinion anyway.

I think he'd still get great reactions, especially once he's been re-established as regular in the eyes of the fans. Also, if it were an in-ring return I think more people would get behind it. Part of the problem since he retired from matches was that he was really limited in the stuff he could do, and fans knew this. So whilst he was still getting pretty decent pops, they knew he was hurt and wouldn't be able to wrestle. Also, the current WWE fans probably weren't that familiar with Bret Hart's previous stuff, yet WWE did well to re-establish him in the eyes of the younger fans who might not know about him. If it worked for Bret, it would definately work for Austin.

Archived