Former WrestleMania headliner now a registered sex offender.

Snitsky's back acne

'Former New York Giants great and Wrestlemania 11 main eventer Lawrence Taylor plead guilty today to two misdemeanors in conjunction with his rape arrest last year, according to the Associated Press.

As part of the plea agreement, Taylor, who had previously plead not guilty, will not have to serve any jail time but will need to register as a sex offender.

Taylor plead guilty to sexual misconduct and patronizing a prostitute. As part of the plea, the other charges were dropped.

Taylor's trial was scheduled to start in several weeks. He was facing felony charges of third-degree rape and third-degree criminal sexual act, and misdemeanor counts of third-degree sexual abuse, endangering the welfare of a child and third-degree patronizing a prostitute.

Taylor faced up to four years in prison if convicted on the original charges. He had previously turned down a plea deal that would have saw him plead guilty to the felony charge in exchange for a six month jail sentence.

Taylor was arrested in May 2010 in Montebello, New York after he was visited by an underage runaway prostitute. Police moved in to make the arrest after the runaway contacted her uncle, who then contacted authorities.

Taylor told the court today that the prostitute him she was 19. In actuality, she was 16. She had been brought to Taylor by her pimp, who is currently has a case against him. In that case, the AP reports, Taylor had already made similar statements about being led to believe the prostitute was of age.

The 16 year old had told prosecutors that she was verbally and physically forced by her pimp to service Taylor. Taylor publicly denied any guilt up until today's proceedings.

One witness who was with the girl and her pimp testified during the initial proceedings last year that the girl, upon returning to the car, commented, "It was weird....we didn't even have sex."

In 1995, Taylor did a series of angles for the then-WWF, culminating in a win against Bam Bam Bigelow at Mania 11 in Hartford, CT. While there were plans discussed for Bigelow and Taylor to team later that year after a Bigelow babyface turn, it never panned out.'

I just loved the bit in bold - "Patronised a prostitute". As if talking down to her was the worst thing he did! ;)

• Moderators
What star rating did the WM11 main event get?, I need to know before I decide to pass judgement.

That was a fucking quality match weren't it? Kevin Greene and Karl Malone levels of natural competency.

• Paid Members
What star rating did the WM11 main event get?, I need to know before I decide to pass judgement.

That was a fucking quality match weren't it? Kevin Greene and Karl Malone levels of natural competency.

I was just watching Malone/DDP v Hogan/Rodman the other night. Malone was ace, wasn't he? I reckon he could have gone on another half an hour there. Rodman looked fucked after about 5 minutes.

• Paid Members

Not a chance. Bigelow absolutely owns in that match, I hope he got well paid for it. He dragged him around like nobody's business. Even then, I could only give it ** 1/2 max. Hope that's enough to get him the benefit of the doubt from CVD.

I was just watching Malone/DDP v Hogan/Rodman the other night. Malone was ace, wasn't he? I reckon he could have gone on another half an hour there. Rodman looked fucked after about 5 minutes.

That was the one where Rodman showed up in "no condition to perform" then fell asleep during the match. Shame because Malone was their to work and because I thought Rodzilla's appearances in 1997 were good, fitted the nWo thing perfectly, and even led to a good match (w/Hogan vs. the underrated Giant and Luger team).

A year later however... Yeah, that was embarrassing.

Not a chance. Bigelow absolutely owns in that match, I hope he got well paid for it. He dragged him around like nobody's business. Even then, I could only give it ** 1/2 max. Hope that's enough to get him the benefit of the doubt from CVD.

It was indeed a carry job and a very, very good one at that. Pretty much the 'go to' match for arguing Bigelow as being underrated. I get the impression that at that point (his second WWF run) Bam Bam could work with just about anyone. Not saying he'd have a great match with anyone but I think if you take anyone semi-competent from the major companies at that point (NJPW, UWF-i, AJPW, WWF, WCW) or even ECW/SMW/USWA and stuck them in there with Bigelow he could have done something decent against them. Stick him in there with someone below that level and he'd still make sure it didn't suck. For a match involving a non-wrestler I thought it was very good.

The Bigelow match was a modern day miracle. That was certainly his go to match, along with maybe the Bret match from King Of The Ring. Shame it led to him being 'awarded' a garbage face run that involved him shooting rockets from his wrists to some naff entrance music.

• Paid Members

Of course he got paid well for it, he went on last at Wrestle-fucking-Mania. Speaks volumes of Bammer's standing among the roster than he was trusted with LT, he was the consumate professional and safe pair of hands.

Bret says in his book how much he loved working with Bigelow and how highly he rated their matches together. Pity they did the same finish every fucking match they had, mind.

I'd have loved to see Bam Bam stay on and turn heel on the Kliq, I'd have loved to see what and Shawn would have done together.

I just loved the bit in bold - "Patronised a prostitute". As if talking down to her was the worst thing he did! ;)

The thread's not gone the right way imo... we need to start speculating on what he said!

Archived