Dolph Ziggler

Mr. Seven

Ziggler wasn't actually doing too badly before he was with Vickie, he's been at the midcard title level since the draft in 2009 when he had the crossbrand feud with MVP, the one which involved some woman from The View. Not too sure whether he'd have advanced up to the main event picture without Vickie so fast though. Ziggler won me over with his matches against Bryan late last year, his great start to 2011 has me completely sold though. This guy can really go, I'd like to see him go back to a feud with Rey, this time being victorious. Rey's the guy that could give him a good rub at main event level without being Champ.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I suppose it depends if you think "turd" is funny or not.

It is funny. Very much so.

Also, a little additional back ground on the name:

And FYI, NXT is amazing for those who have never watched it. It's as if they said "ah fuck it, just do stuff" and let people go with live mics.

This past week, they were making reference to Head Cheese (I believe) for their own amusement, whilst acknowledging the Cheese Head fans of Green Bay. I maybe wrong there...

"Slam Brodus"

• Paid Members
the Dolph push has just been an excuse to give Vickie more screen time.

Spoilers from this weeks Smackdown...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Yeah, now Dolph's fired, while she's still there.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Fat load of good she's doing him, eh?.

And FYI, NXT is amazing for those who have never watched it. It's as if they said "ah fuck it, just do stuff" and let people go with live mics.

My favourite thing about this season of it is the way the wrestlers on the stage heckle during contests and matches. Ziggler's particularly good at this, Masters gives it a good go as well.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I've always been a big Ziggler fan but just bleh

Shit hair, shit trunks, shit gimmick, even Vickie bores me now.

Always felt he should have got the Dashing gimmick that Cody did, with some bright trunks and generally just there to be a chicken shit heel which he's proved to do well for himself.

He actually looks worse now than when he was wrestling in a male cheerleader outfit, just so bland, utter waste really

Always felt he should have got the Dashing gimmick that Cody did, with some bright trunks and generally just there to be a chicken shit heel which he's proved to do well for himself.

I think that's a really good call. It's too late now, obviously, but Dolph would've been perfect for that sort of character. Basically an update of Ravishing Rick Rude. He's already got the music for it. He should still veer more towards the Rude/HBK arrogant sexyboy sort of thing, firing bitchy remarks at the crowd. The thing he's doing at the moment is a waste of everyone's time.

Dolph-Ziggler.jpg

I've been a big fan of Dolph Ziggler for a good while now, to the point that he's probably my favourite wrestler in WWE right now. Naturally I'm delighted that he's been put into his first World title program. It seemed there was a time when he was heading for the future endeavours list following a Wellness violation and subsequent suspension and a farcical losing streak in his hunt for the Intercontinental belt.

In the last year he's gone from strength to strength and has clearly turned heads in the process. So what's the general consensus on the guy?

Does he have what it takes to be a "top guy" ?

Does he still need Vickie Guerrero to draw heat?

Does he need a name change?

Could he make a good babyface?

Should he win either of the top two titles this year if at all?

I'm of the opinion that he shouldn't beat Edge so soon and would like to see him go on to win the Money In The Bank at Wrestlemania (assuming that is still on the card) although I am wary that the MITB is fast becoming a tired gimmick and can result in a non-event like Swagger's reign. Right now I think Dolph still needs Vickie because he doesn't have much of a character to speak of other than being a privileged toyboy of sorts. He can certainly talk and he managed to get that godawful introducing himself gimmick over but his real strength is in the ring, where I genuinely believe he's on the same level as Daniel Bryan.

So what say you?

he looks like a cross between mr perfect and spike from buffy the vampire slayer haha

but in seriousness yes i believe he has the tools to be a fine intercontinental champion. nothing more. he will never be the same level as john cena or randy orton

Who decides there 'look' cos they need a slap whoever it is, short black hair and black tights? he could still be serious with a flashy look, had dashing zebra print shorts and gloves that made him stand out a bit and where has his waistcoat gone??

Archived