Brothers in Wrestling

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
Bret Hart wasn't the youngest but he was the best and most successful Hart

Yeah, Bret was undoubtedly the most successful and well known of the Hart brothers, but I'd argue that Owen was the most talented of the lot.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eddie Guerrero better than Hector.

and chavo sr for that matter

I've been watching a lot of old NWA stuff and Hector features in a few shows. I didn't realise how good he actually was. He looks a tremendous amount like Eddie in the way he moves and wrestles - not really that surprising I know, but it's mad how alike they were. If he and Eddie had been closer in age/wrestling prime, they'd have made a hell of a tag team in ECW or WCW.

Is it just me around here or is Matt Hardy far better than Jeff. Granted he's a blobby nutjob lately but he was the best-tv-match-guy most of the time from '05 to '09. Jeff had his moments and was obviously more popular but Matt was always the better wrestler.

• Paid Members

The Bret/Owen debate always surprises me.

In terms of style Owen could do a lot of things big brother couldn't - in fact rewatching the New Foundation matches from 91, he was doing things no no else was doing, in terms of DA MOVEZ. But in terms of substance - storytelling, drawing viewers into the match, Bret has few equals for me and certainly has the edge over Owen in terms of the "that was a great match" factor.

Is it just me around here or is Matt Hardy far better than Jeff. Granted he's a blobby nutjob lately but he was the best-tv-match-guy most of the time from '05 to '09. Jeff had his moments and was obviously more popular but Matt was always the better wrestler.

I thought Matt was better than Jeff, Jeff was just the big spot monkey who needed Matt more to pull off his contrived spots.

Val Venis doesnt rate either :laugh:

• Paid Members
Bret Hart wasn't the youngest but he was the best and most successful Hart

Nah, Bret was just the most overrated of the bunch. Owen>Bret

Got to disagree Hitman>Owen. I guess it comes down to personal opinion but Owen was great when playing the spoilt little brother but after that he stalled. He probably had more natural athletic talent.

Archived