Forgotten Films

Mr. Seven

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Troy.

Troy was hyped to death and presented as a epic in the style of Gladiator.

Troy however was utter utter cack.

Was that the Brad Pitt one or the one with Colin Farrell where everybody inexplicably talks with an Irish accent?

Edit: The Colin Farrell one was Alexander. Both shite.

Crash (2004) got mega hype and won the pest picture oscar, dont here anything about it now though.

Crash was awful. As was the previous film called Crash. Bad name for a movie I guess.

what's with the Forrest Whitaker hatred? :angry:

I asked this very same question the other day. Gladstone is getting upset!

Don't get me wrong, Whittaker was brilliant in Bird, Last King of Scotland, Ghost Dog and was okay in Street Kings, but c'mon, his Phone Booth, Crying Game and Vantage Point performances were overblown and sub standard.

Yeah but he got to lick Robin Givens ass in A Rage in Harlem (top movie by the way)

And while we're on Robin Givens, what about Boomerang? Eddie Murphy on fine form with great lines such as "Now Marcus, I hear a girl down at the office got you pussy-whipped, You got to reverse it. Don't be pussy-whipped, whip that pussy. Like this here, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang" :laugh:

or "Marcus, come on man, I get my own office man, bring my hos in here, we have a little party, set this muthafucka off, man"

Troy.

Troy was hyped to death and presented as a epic in the style of Gladiator.

Troy however was utter utter cack.

Was that the Brad Pitt one or the one with Colin Farrell where everybody inexplicably talks with an Irish accent?

Edit: The Colin Farrell one was Alexander. Both shite.

Brad Pitt yes... not sure who else was in it. My girlfriend recorded on Sky Plus recently but I refused to watch it.

Great story behind it though.... we're watching it in the cinema and when Achilles gets hits by a arrow in the back of his ankle, a (bimbo) lady friend of mine piped up and said out loud in a oh so wise voice "oh my how ironic... he got hit in the achilles tendon."

At this point you can feel a wave of face palming spread out across multiple rows in the cinema.

• Awards Moderator
Crash (2004) got mega hype and won the pest picture oscar, dont here anything about it now though.

Crash was awful. As was the previous film called Crash. Bad name for a movie I guess.

Not if they make a biopic of Crash Holly, it won't be. With Christian Bale as Stevie Richards and Statham as Hardcore Holly.

Yeah but he got to lick Robin Givens ass in A Rage in Harlem (top movie by the way)

I didn't know they made a film of that... Assume she played Imabelle?

...off to IMDB! I love that website.

I didn't know there was a film of A Rage In Harlem, either. Studied the book in uni so I'd quite like to see that.

How about Benjamin Button? Massive hype before its release, it came out, did okay, didn't win all the Oscars like the pre-release hype said it would, and the only time I've even heard it mentioned since then was when Tron came out (they used the same guys to do the de-aging technology in both films).

Benjamin Button is a great shout. Awful, awful film. I love Pitt and Fincher but sweet christ I HATED that film.

Other points:

Crash is an abortion and I am ashamed to say that I loved it when I saw it in the cinema, to the point where I bought it on DVD. Upon second watch I was mystified as to how I liked it as it's a rotten TV movie. The shame of it all.

Forest Whitaker is awesome.

Minority Report kinda came and went I guess but it's great nonetheless.

I like Troy despite its many flaws. Peter O'Toole is awful though. Is he dead yet?

Benjamin Button is a great shout. Awful, awful film. I love Pitt and Fincher but sweet christ I HATED that film.

Yeah I hated Benjamin Button too, it spent far too much time when he looked old but was young, and not enough of him being old but looking young...

also I think there is something to this, my David Fincher scale, if you were to number his films, the even numbers are classics, while the odd numbers are meh to shit...

Alien 3 (1992) meh

Seven (1995) awesome

The Game (1997) shit

Fight Club (1999) awesome

Panic Room (2002) meh/weird

Zodiac (2007) awesome

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) horrible

The Social Network (2010) awesome

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) probably rubbish...

Archived