Forgotten Films

Mr. Seven

• Awards Moderator

Godzilla.

After the success of Independence Day and the hype that surrounded Roland Emmerich, it was touted as being another super-dooper blockbuster. When Jean Reno was cast, it looked even more promising. Then Ferris Bueller turned up. I think the general consensus from critics and the public was that it was shite; whether it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah but he got to lick Robin Givens ass in A Rage in Harlem (top movie by the way)

I didn't know they made a film of that... Assume she played Imabelle?

...off to IMDB! I love that website.

She does, and it is a very funny movie, on imdb it has a low score but don't let that put you off.

Looks like a UK DVD came about in 2009, it's only

• Paid Members

Noticed how 'American Beauty' went from being in a lot of people's top five films of all time (in the year or so it came out) to being on very few people's top ten lists?

It's still highly rated, but the hype and hoopla over it at the time was immense.

A.I.

Lauded as the film Kubrick never got to finish, made by Spielberg and had Haley Joel Osment/Jude Law in as well. Hyped like there was no tomorrow.

Sank like a fucking stone and is 'bear'ly mentioned by anyone these days as many people think its well, a bit shit tbh

A.I.

Lauded as the film Kubrick never got to finish, made by Spielberg and had Haley Joel Osment/Jude Law in as well. Hyped like there was no tomorrow.

Sank like a fucking stone and is 'bear'ly mentioned by anyone these days as many people think its well, a bit shit tbh

Came into this thread to post that just now.

What a shit film that was.

• Paid Members
I wonder if Cloverfield would qualify for this?

I don't think so - there was no way that it was going to have any lasting appeal. In fact, there was no way it was going to have much of a post-cinema life, since it relied so much on being a cinema experience.

Actually... I bought in on DVD and watched it about 6 months ago, and on my tv with decent surround it was still pretty kick ass.

Some films actually get BETTER at home. For example, as good as War Of The Worlds was in the cinema, watching it with your missus at home is better because they spend half their time sheltering from the aliens in suburban houses... and you're in a suburban house... adds to the scares.

• Paid Members
Some films actually get BETTER at home. For example, as good as War Of The Worlds was in the cinema, watching it with your missus at home is better because they spend half their time sheltering from the aliens in suburban houses... and you're in a suburban house... adds to the scares.

When that bitch with Cruise stops screaming perhaps.

Any way, I find action films are better at home. Some how the cinema screen makes it really hard for me to follow whats happening when the action is a mile a minute. The expendables for example is a film I will take in more at home on a smaller screen, and so enjoy it more. I'm sure I'm alone with that.

Archived