MLW to return?

FUM

• Paid Members

Hmmm, that website has changed abit since i last saw it, and i can click on the logo, which then gives me the logo again with a blood dripping background.

So maybe, i'd like to see it return! Maybe a bit less of Steve Corinos booking style, Which involes Mr corino being champion (as much as i like him).

Haven't XPW got a similar thing going (web page with just a logo)

Isn't Cort Bauer working in TV now after his WWE stint.

I enjoyed MLW back then, but it served to try and fill the void ECW left, just like XPW tried (and failed)

• Paid Members
Haven't XPW got a similar thing going (web page with just a logo)

Isn't Cort Bauer working in TV now after his WWE stint.

I enjoyed MLW back then, but it served to try and fill the void ECW left, just like XPW tried (and failed)

Im not sure about the web page, but xpw have done a few shows over the past year or so, even crowning some new champions if ive seen rightly. i know they've been running a facebook page, although i havent kept up with it.

• Paid Members

I quite enjoyed MLW and watched a fair amount of their TV shows.

Am I right in thinking one of them featured a recently fired Umaga getting involved in a match where he dove off a ladder/top turnbuckle to the outside and put someone through a table? I'm sure I remember that spot and it being MLW.

I liked MLW probably a bit too late for it to return as it was, but I see no problems if someone has bought the library and rights to the name and belts.

There first two shows were very general indy and the first one was actually pretty shit. When they moved to florida I felt they were creating an identity and has a good local following (prob the TNA Impact Zone Mongs now) and story lines were fairly fresh.

Talent was different to ROH, TNA, CZW were using at the time more of a mix of all of them.

If they return noteworthy wise I hope they put some money behind it and make something of the promotion.

• Paid Members

I did enjoy MLW, but I doubt it work now.

It had the name talent from ECW that weren't contracted elsewhere, plus young indie stars, veterans such as Dusty Rhodes and guys from Japan, but who could it get now?

I still enjoy popping an MLW video in, still never managed to get the Summer one though.

I listened to Court Bauer on Oberserver radio with Bryan Alveraz & he said that in some places in Asia & Europe that they still show MLW & that it makes more money for him now then it did when it first come out, he also said someone pitched an idea for Hardcore Holly to have a space monkey as his manager when they redid ECW brand when they were first on Syfi, Court Bauer also said he rejected the chance to return to the WWE creative team last year.

I quite enjoyed MLW and watched a fair amount of their TV shows.

Am I right in thinking one of them featured a recently fired Umaga getting involved in a match where he dove off a ladder/top turnbuckle to the outside and put someone through a table? I'm sure I remember that spot and it being MLW.

Aye, he was in a tag team called something like "The Samoan Island Tribe" I believe with Samu. Could have that wrong, but the team did have more than one line up over the course of their MLW run. They were certainly involved in a decent war or two!

• Paid Members
  • Paid Members

Archived