all star - croydon this weekend 16th Jan

dannycoll

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate Chris attended the show and here are the results

Phil Powers beat Josh Faulkner

he described this as a good match, a very good All Star debut for Faulkner, Josh worked the crowd well accordingly. Powers won the bout after a Cammel Clutch submission. after the bell Phil repeatedly stomped on Josh which saw Danny Driscoll come to the save, which set up a match for later in the night.

James Mason defeated T Bone

Mason wins with a rollup. James Mason V Broadie Steele for the belt at the next Croydon show on March 13th was plugged.

El Ligero defeated Dave Mastiff

Match of the afternoon, featured an awesome Headscissor from Ligero apparently,

Danny Driscoll, Tony Spitfire, Frankie Sloane defeated Phil Powers, Mikey Whiplash and Nathan Cruz

Nathan Cruz was awesome, Driscoll was the sole survivor last eliminating Phil Powers

Kid Cool and Little Legs defeated Collossus Kennedy

-Feel gutted for missing this looked like an awesome show

What is going on with british wrestling. These promoters know that money is tight. BUT when you have the likes of brian dixon saying that he is having mark rocco appearing at croydon and he didnt appear it is abismal especially when nothing was mentioned again, just like last year when rocco was supposed to be making an appearance at croydon. Mind you this isnt the first time he as done this. He was said to be appearing one time at hanley and he didnt, when brian dixon was asked where he was his reply was would you leave the warm climate of tenerife to come to this place. Dixon forgets that rocco had quite an impact on british wrestling and us older fans remember the days when he packed venues and especially his fued with marty jones and fit finlay caused quite a heat. But its like at anytime with brian dixon he says one thing and you get another. He would be better off running the country than been a wrestling promoter. He has also said for hanley that they would be having on skull murphy in a hardcore match with P N News but that never happened.PLEASE BRIAN START GIVING THE PUBLIC WHAT YOU ARE ADVERTISING AND INFORMATION IF PEOPLE ARE NOT APPEARING.

Brian Dixon Doesnt read this site but ill reply - I think (not 100%) sure but it was stated it was hoped the Rocco would be making an appearance as he was due here for a television project, as with these sort of things in tv land they change at short notice, and this was the reason why Rocco didnt fly to the UK. I think it has been delayed until later this month or early Feb. The attentance was well over 180 - advantace tickets were over 400 and i Think it was just over 650.

Brian Dixon Doesnt read this site but ill reply - I think (not 100%) sure but it was stated it was hoped the Rocco would be making an appearance as he was due here for a television project, as with these sort of things in tv land they change at short notice, and this was the reason why Rocco didnt fly to the UK. I think it has been delayed until later this month or early Feb. The attentance was well over 180 - advantace tickets were over 400 and i Think it was just over 650.

Well that's quite a big difference. 180 - 650 - 1000 or so (60% capacity). All which have been said.

Anyone got a proper idea of how many were there?

i attended this AFTERNOON show and i can confidently report

that 650 is way off the mark

i know Fairfield is a big venue to fill ,but there were still some ring side seats available

and plenty of seats unoccupied in the ever popular choir seats area.

yes like i said - i saw the returns sheet - ie the 1 the hall gives the promoter and it was around the 650 mark

whats the reason you really interested ?

I'm generally interested in wrestling attendances.

i attended this AFTERNOON show and i can confidently report

that 650 is way off the mark

i know Fairfield is a big venue to fill ,but there were still some ring side seats available

and plenty of seats unoccupied in the ever popular choir seats area.

That's what I was thinking, and also why I'm baffled by the confusion over the attendance. To still have some ringside seats available is quite bad, I'd say. To have only sold a third (unconfirmed figure) of tickets is better, but still quite bad.

Do All-Star normally fill up Croydon, or is 650 a usual attendance for these shows?

I'm still baffled as to where the 60% (1080) number came from!

Archived