Music: Recommend an Album Thread!

Egg Shen

I've been getting more into more rap/hip hop lately, I really like Jay Z and Kanye West mostly, I have most of both of thier catalogue's. Can someone recommend me a good hip hop record along those lines? Something commercial but a bit different, don't want any angry "gonna kill yo niggaz" type stuff.

The cloest I ever go to hip hop is Mark B & Blade's 'The Unknown'. The album version of Ya Don't See The Signs is better than the Grant Nicolous remix

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a YouTube flavoured taster:

I absolutely loved that. Thanks, Vito!

Buy/steal/download the album. There's a very good reason why I'm completely and utterly obsessed with it.

Have done and yes, you're absolutely right. I can't thank you enough for turning my ear to this album, Vito.

I've been getting more into more rap/hip hop lately, I really like Jay Z and Kanye West mostly, I have most of both of thier catalogue's. Can someone recommend me a good hip hop record along those lines? Something commercial but a bit different, don't want any angry "gonna kill yo niggaz" type stuff.

P.O.S is pretty cool for something slightly different. He's a rapper who grew up in a hardcore scene and plays a bunch of instruments. Maybe try the album Never Better, featuring

if you like it. I know I get a kick out of hearing Fugazi references in my hip-hop.

Great album, but I'll be controversial and say I prefer Congregation. Miles Iz Ded is a thoroughly amazing song.

If you're looking for "different" hip-hop, there are better people than me to talk to on here, but I'll just plug Stanley Odd again. They have a new EP due out in a couple of weeks and you can hear it all online via their website: StanleyOdd.com.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

2nkjivp.jpg

busted this badboy out for the first time in years yesterday...the band are back together so i thought i'd dust it off. I've re-visted the first album much more than this over the years, but i think the genereal consensus is that this is the band's best album. The sound of the album is pretty different to the first album (which does sound kind of dated), but this still holds up. OMS were always a little bit more than a generic Nu-Metal band both musically and lyrically which i think is why they still sound good. Check's em out!!!

Archived