WWE's new hiring policy.

Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members
His promo's in 1997 are some of the best ever.

Even if that were true (which it's probably not, depending on whether you include anything in the top million as "best ever" but that's a matter of taste anyway), he'd been a top star for about five or six years at that point.

His interviews were always good enough. He wasn't ever a bad promo, he just wasn't on the level of some of the brilliant promo guys until 1997. Those promos where outstanding. Truly brilliant. It's not just a matter of taste, they were undoubtedly well delivered, they struck the perfect chord on every level. They antagonised the US fans, they generated support from the non-US fans, they created support for Steve Austin, The Undertaker, the Patriot and Shawn Michaels. I don't know if they were scripted or a result of Bret's imagination but they were superb. Lines like "Thank you for letting me still be your hero" and the reaction it generated will live with me forever.

Anyone criticising Bret's promo and wrestling skills since he came back needs to have a word with themselves. That the guy can stand up in public and speak is a triumph after all he's been through. He's been asked to do way more than he's capable of this year out of pure desperation. Sometimes, people are shit.

Your mam doesn't know anything about wrestling!

That's true. Do you know her?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived