"RockStar" Spud gets a mention on Live From Studio 5

Victor Is God

yeah imagine how gutted Spud must be getting mentioned on 2 channels. i mean wrestlers getiing mentioned on mainstream tv are a dime a dozen. :bored:

I'd rather not be mentioned at all, than be mentioned on shit like that.

Sure you would

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread has just reconfirmed why I seldom come on here anymore. Ive been coming to this forum for 10 years.This forum used to be great and there was people who used to have a bit of common sense and a bit of a clue as to what wrestling is about. Sure there was trolls on here and it wouldnt be a forum without a few morons but at one point did these guys morons take over because its clear to me that they have.

The place is a joke now compared to where it was and what it used to be.

Speaking as someone who knows nothing of Rockstar Spud other than the odd mention of him on here, I'm assuming from watching that clip the character is supposed to be some sort of Spinal Tap-type parody? They all look like something out of the old Reeves & Mortimer sketch 'The Club'.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It won't attract any new fans (not that SMA and British wrestling have the same target audience), as people who aren't into wrestling won't get it and will likely piss themselves laughing at them. As a tongue-in-cheek vignette type thing for fans who are in on the joke though, it's pretty decent. Reminds me a little bit of the skits Chris Jericho used to do in WCW.

Speaking as someone who knows nothing of Rockstar Spud other than the odd mention of him on here, I'm assuming from watching that clip the character is supposed to be some sort of Spinal Tap-type parody? They all look like something out of the old Reeves & Mortimer sketch 'The Club'.

I

This thread has just reconfirmed why I seldom come on here anymore. Ive been coming to this forum for 10 years.This forum used to be great and there was people who used to have a bit of common sense and a bit of a clue as to what wrestling is about. Sure there was trolls on here and it wouldnt be a forum without a few morons but at one point did these guys morons take over because its clear to me that they have.

And what exactly has anyone said wrong in here?

Some people liked it. Some people didn't.

It's one of the most harmless topics I've seen on here.

• Paid Members

It does seem like a strange thread to have an eppy about. Good job he didn't see the Boydy one.

Personally I think Spud is doing a cracking job though there, it was a really good laugh. I don't think it's going to do anything for BritWres as a whole and probably not a huge amount for Spud, but he's made me want to see more of his stuff.

• Paid Members

I long for the days when there was worked shoots on the main page and everyone had three different accounts to fuck someone out of a wrestling ring turning up to a show.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It won't attract any new fans (not that SMA and British wrestling have the same target audience), as people who aren't into wrestling won't get it and will likely piss themselves laughing at them. As a tongue-in-cheek vignette type thing for fans who are in on the joke though, it's pretty decent. Reminds me a little bit of the skits Chris Jericho used to do in WCW.

I totally disagree. SMA appeals to exactly the same kind of of LCD people as wrestling.

• Paid Members
Personally I think Spud is doing a cracking job though there, it was a really good laugh. I don't think it's going to do anything for BritWres as a whole and probably not a huge amount for Spud, but he's made me want to see more of his stuff.

Agreed, its not going to change the world, but who would think that it would. It does however highlight what I personally think Spud does better than most, or even all, people I see on shows, have a character and a real charisma that emits out that makes me care what he does and why he does it.

Don`t know Spud from Spud but that was quite good. Having a 13 year old daughter means I see SMA more than the average 34 year old guy so i know what to expect from the series but it was a very entertaining segment. Spud came across as a genuine character and suited to a TV role. I do expect to see more of him on TV at some point.

On a side not theres an upcoming episode SMA with Lynn Carmichael, a good friend of mine. Probably worth a watch :)

Archived