FSM Thread

Vipes

Would anybody like to see a article where a closed queston is asked then the person saying yes could write why they think yes and ditto for no.

An example would be " Do you think Batista would do well in MMA?" and the writer who thinks yes could give his view and reasons why and then a writer who thinks no could do the same

Would anybody like to see a article where a closed queston is asked then the person saying yes could write why they think yes and ditto for no.

An example would be " Do you think Batista would do well in MMA?" and the writer who thinks yes could give his view and reasons why and then a writer who thinks no could do the same

They do exactly this in The Wrestler/Inside Wrestling magazine and it is always very interesting. So yes, that would be a good addition to FSM in my view...

• Paid Members

I picked up the one with Bret on the cover. Not had a chance to read it but initial impression is that it has plenty of content and it looks much more professional than before thought the pages are still too busy. Looks like a nice blend of content too, seems to be something for everyone.

They do exactly this in The Wrestler/Inside Wrestling magazine and it is always very interesting. So yes, that would be a good addition to FSM in my view...

Yeah it was a staple in the apter mags in the day

First off, I gotta agree that this month's issue is a vast improvement all round. From the grammar, to the writing, to the thought behind the articles. Much better, and well worth the money.

However, there's still the odd thing that tends to grate on me.

For instance, on page 8 there's an article entitled "TNA's UK Home Closes". In the sub-title bit it says "Impact currently without a home". Then in the first sentence of the article it starts with "TNA Impact found itself without a home in the UK this month".

So that's 3 uses of the word "home" in the first 3 sentences. I think we got the idea by then, you know! I'm possibly nitpicking a little, but that kind of thing tends to grate on me.

Also there's still a fair few spelling-mistakes and clunky, poorly-written sentences. For instance, in the Bret Hart interview (which was very good) the writer uses the word "quiet" instead of "quite". Not once either, but 2 or 3 times. Sorry, but that's just poor.

Anyway, besides those things, I'd recommend this month's issue. A definite improvement over the joke that was the past editor's "effort". I swear that bloke didn't even bother reading the thing before he sent it out. The absolute nadir probably being the Sheamus interview, which had more glaring mistakes than I've ever seen in a national publication.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the cock ups were stunning. In last month's Undertaker article it refers to Undertaker not really getting back on form after his return at WMXX and that would happen until "almost a year later at No Way Out 2004" referencing his match with Kurt Angle. OK, we all spot that the match in question was at No Way Out 2006, but even if you excuse that as a slip of a keystroke, said show was almost 2 years later, so its two errors for the price of one.

the thing tht I hated most about FSM (besides James Denton) was the overty smart-arsey way that anything that one of the big leagues (WWE in particular) was instantly put down in favour of some indie show. you'd get shit in the end of year polls were the readers would have their say and then some greasy-haired nerd would say some shit along the lines of 'the July supershow show from Solihull Leisure Centre was SOOOO~! much better than anything WWE put on Wrestlemania'.

Then they had thier 'What If...' articles. An articles which when asking 'What If...Eric Bischoff had bought WCW?' would somehow end with CM Punk beating Triple H for the WWE cleanly at Wrestlemania

And FSM seemed to be the only people on the planet who thought that Wrestling Society X was worth 30 seconds of your time.

It was just so low rent. One thing that sticks in my mind was it was either a review of Wrestlemania, an article on Batista or an article on nudertaker. Either way, it had a shot of the Wrestlemania 23 match were Batista is putting th fists to 'taker. The picture used (in a national sold magazine) was a screenshot from a downloaded version of the show (I think it was the Bell Expressvu in the top right corner). The whole thing just screened cheap fanzine

I used to get a subscription just to give me something to read in the bath in between Power Slams. To my shame though, I actually let the general attitude of this forum change my opinion of it, and after reading all the hate on here I would struggle not to get wound up by all the mistakes and nonsense so I let my subscripsh run out. Nowhere sells it round here so I might have to renew it if it