Possible Wrestlemania 28 Locations?

Shovanist Pig

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love it if Wrestlemania would go to Toronto. It would mean i could go to Canada and see a Wrestlemania at the same time.

Well quite a few cities are being considered.

According to Variety, Miami, Los Angeles, New York City, Detroit, Toronto, Tampa, Vancouver, Indianapolis. New Orleans, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Orlando and Houston are in the running to host WrestleMania 28.

New York will get 30. Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa and Miami are all in Florida and they just had Wrestlemania 24. Detroit had 23 and Houston had 25. So I would like to see it held in either Toronto, New Orleans, St Louis or Indianapolis personally. New Orleans already has a theme set in stone anyway. That would be a nice touch.

Miami - Bit soon to go back to Florida, and this year is in the next state over, but Orlando done big business.

Los Angeles - Summerslam as a regular feature counts against it, but hasn't had Mania in a long time.

New York City - Almost surely has to get Mania 30, but it is a feature market in terms of TV.

Detroit - Only 5 years since last Mania, but is a traditionally strong drawing town.

Toronto - Despite WWE being down on Canada as of late, has always done well with Mania.

Tampa - See Miami.

Vancouver - With business down, unlikely for WWE to go to a new market, but they did got to Arizona two years ago.

Indianapolis - Not considered since Mania 8! Massive venue could be a stopping point in current climate

New Orleans - Tailor made PR goldmine. Hosting the october pay per view this year though.

St. Louis - Has hosted Summerslam before, but rarely travelled to for PPVs.

New Haven - Connecticut is the home of WWE, but has never hosted a big show.

Jacksonville - See Miami.

Orlando - Did do well with 24, but Florida again so soon?

Houston - Only been 3 years, but drew fantastic.

Looking at the list...Indianapolis, Los Angeles and Toronto would be the favourites, Indy has nothing really against it, Toronto would be my baised pick, but UFC is in town at the end of April, which might count against it. LA will probably get Summerslam again, unless they decide to do a Florida Slam.

Mania 28 - Indianapolis(Ford Field)

Mania 29 - New Orleans(Superdome)

Mania 30 - New York City(Madison Square Garden)

I think Toronto and maybe L.A. would be the favourites as its been a long time for both of them....although i'm biased, as if its Toronto i'll almost certainly go. As for XXX, it'll be the Garden.

Isn't L.A. is the permanent home of SummerSlam now? Can't see them having WM & SS in the same state.

I have a feeling Toronto will get it. Although would love to see WM in the Cowboys Stadium below

Cowboysstadiumvideoscreen2009.jpg

At least no one would complain of not seeing anything in the cheap seats.

Problem is the place is HUGE. If i remember right, a WWE setup would be pushing 100,000 capacity. Although it'd be one hell of a visual if they could pull that off..i'll pencil that in for Mania 31 :)

Problem is the place is HUGE. If i remember right, a WWE setup would be pushing 100,000 capacity. Although it'd be one hell of a visual if they could pull that off..i'll pencil that in for Mania 31 :)

What's the biggest number WM has done in recent years in terms of attendance? Around 70,000?

Toronto would be great - I lived there for three months back in 2007 and it is such a good city to be in. I bloody love the Skydome as well and if they do it there then I would definitely pop my 'Mania virginity.

Vancouver would be equally nice owing to the potency and high availability from street sellers of Bristish Columbian canabis

What's the biggest number WM has done in recent years in terms of attendance? Around 70,000?

80,103 in Ford Field in 2007 though a small few thousand seats would have been papered heavily like all WrestleMania's since.

They just cannot fill massive stadiums. To be fair the stadiums they are doing now are bigger than the likes of Skydome and the Astrodome they sold out at their height so it balances out I guess.

80,103 in Ford Field in 2007 though a small few thousand seats would have been papered heavily like all WrestleMania's since.

They just cannot fill massive stadiums. To be fair the stadiums they are doing now are bigger than the likes of Skydome and the Astrodome they sold out at their height so it balances out I guess.

Yeah, 20,000+ is a lot to paper if they're to reach 100,000. I'm sure WWE would have managed it in 1999 and 2000. I wonder why they didn't do stadium shows back then?

Because the stadia honestly didn't exist. Any football stadia at the time would've either been uncovered or relatively small; it's only recently that these grounds have sprung up.

Wrestlemania 6 was in the Skydome and Wrestlemania 8 was at the Hoosier Dome. I think it's more that they started it too late in 2001.

Toronto would be great - I lived there for three months back in 2007 and it is such a good city to be in. I bloody love the Skydome as well and if they do it there then I would definitely pop my 'Mania virginity.

Although it's now called The Rogers Centre, which doesn't sound as good.

If it's anywhere in Canada, or New Orleans or Las Vegas I will probably go.

I still have my fingers crossed for New Orleans. The money that Wrestlemania will bring to the Louisiana economy will be a big help I'm sure. It has an abundance of rich culture and history that would be very fascinating to all kinds of people coming from all over the world. The Wrestlemania event itself has a theme already set in stone and maybe even a gold and black colour scheme to go with it. I think it has a lot going for it including a festive like atmosphere that would rival anywhere in the world.

I'll be coming over from Windsor, England. So I'm looking forward to the culture shock.

Archived