DPW April 2nd - GENERAL & FAMILY TICKETS SOLD OUT!

Toga

• Paid Members
DPW 3 Years Old! Full Card Preview!

Last Man Standing DPW British Championship Match

Since establishing himself as one of the biggest fan favourites in DPW, and a recognised main event star, 'Hometown Hero' Cameron Kraze has faced many challenges, overcoming athletes like Kris Travis, Dragon Aisu, Fight Club, Rainz, and CJ Banks to twice climb atop the mountain and reign as DPW British Champion. However, this coming Saturday, Kraze doesn't stand before a mountain, he stands in the shadow of the Colossus.

Debuting and destroying in September 2010, Colossus Kennedy has been nothing short of dominant inside the DPW ring, quickly ascending towards the coveted gold. These 2 men first clashed back in January, and many say (including the manager of Kennedy, Richie West) that Kraze was lucky to escape with the gold, suffering a DQ loss after nailing the giant with West's golden briefcase. Throughout the course of the match, it was apparent that the champion was up against it, not even managing to knock Colossus off his feet.

The rematch was set for February's Return To Ossett, and again these 2 tore into each other. The second time around, Kraze appeared to have renewed fire and vigour, and even took Colossus off his feet, with a ring-shaking Hard Cam! Kraze scored a bittersweet victory that night, via Count Out when Kennedy collided with the ringpost. Infuriated, West accused Kraze of once again ducking the challenger, and dared Kraze to put the gold up one last time. Kraze accepted, and added that he was prepared to do so under Last Man Standing rules, determined to prove once and for all that he could slay the giant.

This coming Saturday, Cameron Kraze faces the biggest challenge of his DPW career. Can the Hometown Hero chop down the giant redwood for the count of 10? Or will the monstrous challenger capture the gold that he has been so close to on 2 previous occasions?

DPW Tag Team Championship Tournament Final

They say the road to success is never a smooth one, and that phrase has never been more true when it comes to the DPW Tag Team Tournament. Originally, Dynamic Pro Wrestling entered 8 teams into the elimination tourney to crown it's first ever doubles champions: The Myatt Legacy, Vitamin C, The Wavebusters, Mad Man Manson/Martin Kirby, El Ligero/Bingo Ballance, Zack Diamond Gibson/Jo Connors, SC Supreme/Bam Bam Barton and Paul Malen/Dave Breaks. However, it seemed that the tournament was cursed from the start, with seemingly every match featuring some sort of cancellation or change. From Sam Bailey having to face The Myatt Legacy alone in the Quarter-Finals, to Prince Mohmed Ameen then buying the Myatt's Semi-Final spot (and then losing) to Zack Diamond Gibson actually featuring in one Quarter-Final and 2 seperate Semi-Finals! However, when all the chaos had cleared, DPW was left with 2 teams remaining, and these 2 tandems will clash this coming Saturday night to crown the first ever Tag Team Champions!

Mad Man Manson and Martin Kirby were forced together exactly one year ago, at 2 Years Old, when Kirby (in an attempt to rid DPW of comedy forever) lost a stipulated bout to the insane one that dictated that Kirby would be forced to team with MMM for the duration of his career. Furious with the decision, Kirby has constantly moaned and complained of his plight, yet here the tandem are, in the Final of the tournament. In fact, since 2 Years Old, it's only ever been when Kirby HAS teamed with Manson that he's had his hand raised, as his forays into singles action, on the odd occasions when Manson was nowhere to be found, resulted in decisive losses to Dragon Aisu, Bingo Ballance and Joey Hayes.

Going into this Saturday's Final, incredibly, it appears that Manson and Kirby have managed to scrape some sort of winning strategy between them, and the DPW faithful even caught a very brief wry smile when they truimphed in the Semi-Finals.

Their opponents however, whilst undoubtedly hugely popular with the crowd, will be looking to make sure there are no smiles from the oddball pair after the match. Once bitter rivals, headlining the One Year Old show in a brutal Last Man Standing Match, El Ligero and Bingo Ballance have formed a team based on mutual respect for the other, and it was worked tremendously, defeating Gibson and Connors in the Quarters and then Gibson and Ameen in the Semis. Both men have held numerous championships in their prestigious careers, and with Ligero scoring a huge win over Jonny Storm back in February, and the pairs' penchant for high-risk innovative offense, the 2 sensations will be looking to capture championship gold together in Pontefract.

Perhaps the wild card in all of this will be the appointed official Ricc Dombrowski. Dombrowski has made no bones about his idolisation of Martin Kirby, and for the last 16 months has proved to be a personal ring announcer and personal referee of his hero. However, the last few months, there appears to have been chinks in the armour of the pair. Back in January, when Kirby was matched up against Joey Hayes and assigned official Michael Bell was rendered unconscious, Kirby awaited Dombrowski to charge the ring and aid him in victory....except Dombrowski was nowhere to be seen, and the distraction allowed Hayes to hit his Teenage Kick and pin an embarrassed Kirby. The following month, Dombrowski arrived late to the building, and his assigned Semi-Final match, and the match abruptly began before he could explain the reason for his lateness, much to Kirby's annoyance. The question is, what IS going on with Ricc Dombrowkski and will it come into play this Saturday?

Can the mis-matched pair of Kirby and Manson shock the world and ACTUALLY do this? Or will the championship pedigree of Ligero and Ballance guide them to more gold?

Submission Streak vs. Lethal Feet

Since losing his British Championship, CJ Banks has been turning up the heat on his opponents, with convincing submission victories over Robbie X and Sam Bailey, since the start of 2011. Using his patented Texas Cloverleaf, Banks has looked on great form, and continues to back up his claim that he doesn't need championship gold to be called 'the best'.

This Saturday, a man will stand in the way of Banks' submission streak, a man who has never appeared inside a DPW ring. That man, is 'Xtreme' Dean Allmark. Whilst Allmark's name may not be known to the DPW faithful, anyone with British wrestling knowledge on a larger scale will be aware of the credentials that this man brings to the table. An exciting, athletic and creative kickboxing champion, Allmark has made his name predominantly for All-Star Wrestling, and has also represented the UK in TNA's World X Cup, and most recently, debuted for superlative Japanese company, Dragon Gate, on their latest UK tour.

Armed with the deadliest feet on UK soil, Allmark will attempt to halt Banks in his tracks.

Will CJ Banks continue to tap out his opponents on his quest to prove he's the best? Or will Dean Allmark prove too 'Xtreme' for the former champion?

Battle For Supremacy

This coming anniversary will feature a terrying gift, in the long-awaited debut of Big Dave Mastiff! Mastiff has long been established as one of the most hatefilled, yet talented heavyweights in the UK, having destroyed all that's in his path. Recently announced as making his return to Pro Wrestling NOAH, and having reigned as IPW:UK British Champion for months now, battling such adversaries as Takeshi Morishima, Mastiff is certainly a force to be reckoned with!

Standing across the ring at 3 Years Old, will be one of the most popular fan favourites in DPW, Joey Hayes. Hayes was last seen Teenage Kicking his way to victory over Martin Kirby back in January, and will be looking to try and accomplish an even bigger task in 2 weeks, as he attempts to put away the monstrous Mastiff. Certainly, this classic battle of speed vs strength has the potential to steal the show on a night where an entire card full of dream matches will be going all out, and this one could certainly have some serious championship contender implications!

Will the debuting Mastiff steamroll through the popular Hayes? Or will Joey Hayes Teenage Kick the behemoth back to the Midlands?

4 Times The Charm!

Originally scheduled to be a rematch from February's event, pitting highflying underdog Robbie X against Welsh brawler Dylan Roberts, DPW Management have decided to spice things up by adding 2 more competitors into the mix, making it a Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match!

Joining Robbie X and Dylan Roberts will be 2 wrestlers most prominently seen in the ever-growing NGW organisation. The first is one of the most popular homegrown talents in NGW, a man who has been making waves with his recent clashes with Rockstar Spud and former DPW British Champion CJ Banks, as well as winning one of the most famous matches in NGW history, a brutal Last Man Standing Match against former DPW talent Nathan Cruz. That man, will be Matt Myers, who will be making his official DPW debut.

The second talent added to the match is one of the most outrageous and hyperbolaic wrestlers currently on the UK scene. That man would be 'The Motor-Mouthed Mexican' Dara Diablo. A tequila-drinking loud mouth, with an impressive chest of hair and a mean streak even more pronounced than his attitude, Diablo has appeared only once before in a DPW ring, back in September, when he felt the wrath of Colossus Kennedy. This time around, Diablo will be looking to prove his worth, and outlast the other 3 adversaries in what promises to be an explosive start to 3 Years Old!

This is such an amazing card - really looking forward to the show esp the tag match and Banks v Allmark :thumbsup:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that has to be the best free show of all time, not a bad match on the card! Sadly the show could have been even better, if not for two full on tossers at ringside.Dressed like Hells Angels on Acid? Coming out with "smart" chants, Doing their own "Oh soooo hilarious" commentary & going against every single match by cheering the Heels :rolleyes: .

I cant be arsed to put up the results, as i am sure they will be up soon enough? We do have new DPW Tag & Heavyweight Champions. Congratulations to Toga & the DPW crew for a top night of canvas carnage, I"ll give theshow 9 out of 10.

• Paid Members

OK i'm gonna try to do a mini review, please bear with me as i'm pretty useless at this sort of thing.

Robbie X won a four way elimination against Matt Myers , Dylan Roberts and Diablo , a great faced paced opener , I was particulary impressed with Roberts who I had never seen before.

Joey Hayes bested Dave Mastiff , there is a reason these 2 are both in the ukff top 10 , both were at there very best and another fantastic match. Don't know if i'm a pervert but I love seeing Mastiff with his pants pulled down !

CJ Banks beat Extreme Dean via Submission - the streak continues , this was the match that I was very excited about and it did not fail in any way , CJ is such a quality heal and Deano is nothing short of amazing, I think that is a shame that he is not about on the uk circuit a bit more other than All-star as he really is one of the best in the country.

MOTN

Martin Kirby & Mad Man Manson won the new tag belts against El Ligero and Bingo Ballance , this match had everything even Manson wrestling - yes you read that right , Manson even wrestled. The man is just so funny and from the first minute to the last I was hooked. They done a bit where Manson was blown up so him and Ballance done a few minutes in slow motion which was soooooo funny and even called for my lad getting in the ring to help Manson. Then Kirby and El Ligero drunk some monster and done a very very quick few minutes - pure genius. Can honestley say I have not enjoyed any match this year as this one - all four of them were fantastic !

Kennedy won the DPW title from Cam Kraze - A great slobberknocker from 2 big guys , the crowd were really into this one and Craze was well supported , In the end Kennedy and Ritchie West cheated to get the win - boooooooooo

Overall a fantastic night - best night of wrestling I've seen this year , Hats of to Toga for all his hard work.

ps - is it gay to say that I love Manson ?

Sleeping on things here's my run down.

There were a group of people in front of me who were determined to get themselves 'over'. More concerned with getting drunk and cheering the heels than anything. Really annoying and killed the heat for me at bits. But, bar that, great night.

The opener was MOTN for me. Roberts looked like a beast and I was really impressed by Myers. Nice continuation of the Roberts/Robbie match from the last show. Great match, action all over, brilliant opener.

Hayes beat Mastiff which I expected. I didn't expect Mastiff to have that high a voice. Pretty good match, enjoyable and I can see Hayes getting into the title picture after this.

Allmark/Banks was a great match, but it felt (from where I was) that it dragged a little. I'm sure people will disagree, but the people around me lost interest (and heat). Saying that, I liked the finish, both guys looked strong and both guys looked like they could beat anybody on the DPW roster.

The Tag Title Match was great fun. Kirby/Ligero got the only 'holy shit that must have hurt' moment of the night when Kirby went for a spear (i think), but got a double stomp on the head instead. Looked brutal. Kirby got the pinfall, got his redemption and is now uber babyface. Everybody was on fire for this and the comedy segments moved great into the balls to the walls final five minutes really well. l

Kennedy won! Wasn't expecting that. Though I think the chair should get the next title shot, Kennedy had all kinds of problems with that. Really good brawl with them going around ringside.

Really good night, venue was packed and everything went well. Best DPW show of the year

Sleeping on things here's my run down.

There were a group of people in front of me who were determined to get themselves 'over'. More concerned with getting drunk and cheering the heels than anything. Really annoying and killed the heat for me at bits. But, bar that, great night.

The opener was MOTN for me. Roberts looked like a beast and I was really impressed by Myers. Nice continuation of the Roberts/Robbie match from the last show. Great match, action all over, brilliant opener.

Hayes beat Mastiff which I expected. I didn't expect Mastiff to have that high a voice. Pretty good match, enjoyable and I can see Hayes getting into the title picture after this.

Allmark/Banks was a great match, but it felt (from where I was) that it dragged a little. I'm sure people will disagree, but the people around me lost interest (and heat). Saying that, I liked the finish, both guys looked strong and both guys looked like they could beat anybody on the DPW roster.

The Tag Title Match was great fun. Kirby/Ligero got the only 'holy shit that must have hurt' moment of the night when Kirby went for a spear (i think), but got a double stomp on the head instead. Looked brutal. Kirby got the pinfall, got his redemption and is now uber babyface. Everybody was on fire for this and the comedy segments moved great into the balls to the walls final five minutes really well. l

Kennedy won! Wasn't expecting that. Though I think the chair should get the next title shot, Kennedy had all kinds of problems with that. Really good brawl with them going around ringside.

Really good night, venue was packed and everything went well. Best DPW show of the year

I've got to agree with the comment about Allmark/Banks. It was a really good match, but it did feel like it maybe went 5 minutes too long.

I was worn out by the end of this show (though this was also due to having been in Sheffield from Friday to see a friend, not sleeping much on her floor, getting back to Leeds on Saturday afternoon and then straight to Pontefract) but there were some great matches on this show. Top to bottom it was really good.

The tag title match was absolutely fantastic, and the best match I've seen so far this year. Some very good comedy stuff, which I have to admit to being a big fan of when done properly, and it went into some very good wrestling. All four of them put everything into this, and it paid off. Well done guys, and thanks.

I'll put it down to a combination of my tiredness and the fact I haven't really enjoyed their previous matches, but I lost interest in the main event. It was a good main event though, and I was a bit surprised that Kennedy won the title. There were a few big spots towards the end where I thought it would be the end and was getting ready to grab my coat, but one of them would stagger back to their feet and continue a while longer to our shock.

Toga, an absolutely fantastic show and it was great to see a packed venue as well. Loads of hard work put in to this show and it definitely paid off. Great job sir!

Quick Results:

Robbie X def. Matt Myers, Dara Diablo & Dylan Roberts

Joey Hayes def. Dave Mastiff

The Juice, CJ Banks def. Dean Allmark

DPW Tag Team Tournament Final:

Mad Man Manson & Martin Kirby def. El Ligero & Bingo Ballance

DPW British Championship:

Colossus Kennedy def. Cameron Kraze

Full show review and fall out coming later this week!

Archived