House Buying Vs House Renting

Max Power

• Paid Members
Yes to buying. Renting is just throwing your money away. HOWEVER, If you have not lived with your girlfried before I would suggest that you rent. Afterall, what happens if you buy a place together and find out that you can't stand living together? Much easier to rent first and see if you work together, then buy later if everything works out ok.

LISTEN TO THIS.

I'm stuck in a shitty situation because I believed my relationship was secure.

Some things to consider -

Housing prices aren't going to increase in the next couple of years, they'll either stay the same or drop, which is good news for first time buyers, so if you can afford to rent somewhere and also save a bit each month then go for it.

Plus if you're renting, you can buy furniture etc as and when, so you'll already have it and won't have to fork out for things like that when you do eventually buy.

On the other side, now's a great time to buy a house on the cheap, so to speak, as more and more houses are going to be reposessed due to the "current climate" and the VAT increase.

If you do buy togther, then a pre-nup, etc, would be a good idea if the worst case scenario happens.

Archived