The PSP thread

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

Well, this thread is likely to fall flat on its arse being that very few people seem to own a PSP. However, I do, and I like it. So there.

I only got my PSP-Go recently, after trading in a Kinnect that I won. Sure it's a flawed product (the neglect of the PsOne Classics in Europe is shameful, as is the fact several big games are yet to make the online store...and pricing is pretty shit too...) but it's a product I enjoy nonetheless.

One of my main reasons for starting this thread is for recommendations. There are a few unusual sounding games out there which I'm curious about, and I'm sure there are others which are flying under the radar. So yeah, what would you recommend? Any Minis that are worth a look in?

Feel free to share any interesting news or rumours too, like.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I almost feel sorry for the mugs who are actually paying for PS+.

:(

I signed up for it because my mate said it was good, and in fairness he'd gotten some good stuff from it. I got Street Fighter 2 HD Remix the month I signed up so thought it would be a good sign of things to come.

My god is it shit!. They offer you the most fucking rubbish games like Kula World and G Police, and the free PSN games you get are such wonders as Cuboid.

The only reason I'm still on it is because you get a year of it outright.

I've got three games -- LittleBigPlanet, Fifa 10 and Abe's Oddysee (PSOne Classic). I've got a card with a few flash games on that play in the browser as well, basic stuff like Duck Hunt. I rarely play the PSP at all, to be honest. Mostly just play music on it. Don't know how to mod mine though, I thought it wasn't possible on the newer firmwares?

• Paid Members

I signed up for it because my mate said it was good, and in fairness he'd gotten some good stuff from it. I got Street Fighter 2 HD Remix the month I signed up so thought it would be a good sign of things to come.

My god is it shit!. They offer you the most fucking rubbish games like Kula World and G Police, and the free PSN games you get are such wonders as Cuboid.

Plus you get loads of beta's like DC online and loads of free downloadable extra content.

OI Kula World is alright, (when you've got fuck all to do on the train).

Anyone know where to purchase a pandora battery from, still on the PSP1000 model here.

The DLC is only any good if you have the game though and don't you loose it all (free games included) as soon as your sub runs out?

PS+ just seems like a desperate attempt by Sony at making back some of the money they lost on the PS3 and PSN is still inferior to XBL so paying for an inferior service even with some "perks" is just rediculous to me plus I have no idea how it is in the US but I bet that they are getting better value for money then UK subscribers are.

BLASPHEMY! Kula World is/was excellent.

• Paid Members

Is Kula World the one where you bounce a ball round a 3D maze type thing? I remember loving a demo of that on ps1 ages ago.

Also there was a demo with what seemed like a load of home made games on which people had sent, which was top.

Is Kula World the one where you bounce a ball round a 3D maze type thing? I remember loving a demo of that on ps1 ages ago.

Also there was a demo with what seemed like a load of home made games on which people had sent, which was top.

Think you are thinking of the Net Yaroze games Tommy, which yeah were a bunch of independent games on the old demo discs. Kula World was on the demo, it was quite addictive and is reasonably hard to get hold of nowadays, unless you download it from the PS Store. It's actually not very good, the further you get into it, the worse it gets kinda thing.

• Paid Members

Think you are thinking of the Net Yaroze games Tommy, which yeah were a bunch of independent games on the old demo discs. Kula World was on the demo, it was quite addictive and is reasonably hard to get hold of nowadays, unless you download it from the PS Store. It's actually not very good, the further you get into it, the worse it gets kinda thing.

That was it, net yaroze. One disc has some collection of all the best on and was quite good really, rocks n gems and pushy 2 and stuff, simple but addictive well put together little games.

I also remember enjoying the demo of kurushi and crap like devil dice. They just don't do demos like they used to.

Archived