Your favourite acting performances

Murtz

Grr. Now you're baiting me.

There's no doubt there could have been more to come, but, again, the story arc of the 3 series is more visible on second viewing. When you go back and look at the camp in the first episode, it really is the ass-end of nowhere, with no law and no real civilisation.

Al Swearengen has a plan, and he's working on it from episode bloody one. He wants to steer the camp through the murky waters and into the warm, corruptible embrace of the Yankton territory, but as a strong community run by the people who were there from the beginning. By the end of Series 3, he's achieved his aims and secured the future of Deadwood. The camp has become a town, civilization has been established, and the threat of big business has been seen off. It's a reasonable place to end.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Out of curiosity Seven who would you say those 10 actors are?

Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Vincent Cassel, Michael Keaton, Brady Corbet, Jeremy Renner, Josh Hartnett, Chris Pine, Johnny Depp, Cillian Murphy.

Ok I thought about it a little, but I stand by it.

Also, fuck Lost In Translation and everything to do with it.

Josh Hartnett....Chris Pine....Johnny Depp?

Good lord.

And on the subject of Deadwood, yes it was cancelled before it's time and there's alot of stories left they could have told but it also has a somewhat satisying conclusion. It doesn't end on a frustrating cliffhanger or anything.

ain't they making Deadwood movies?

When it was cancelled the original plan was to do 2 specials totalling 3 hours. Then that got scrapped too and now pretty much the entire cast have said in interviews since that Deadwood is now over.

Since then, everything I've seen him in has impressed me, even Hitman which I thought was a terrible piece of casting. Justified is great, really top notch. He reminds me of David Duchovny in that he's able to do butch and funny at the same time, which is hard.

Love Deadwood and think TO is a good actor (I recommend his cameo in My Name Is Earl) but I thought Justified was awful! I watched most of the first series and just could not get in to it at all.

Out of curiosity Seven who would you say those 10 actors are?

Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Vincent Cassel, Michael Keaton, Brady Corbet, Jeremy Renner, Josh Hartnett, Chris Pine, Johnny Depp, Cillian Murphy.

Ok I thought about it a little, but I stand by it.

Also, fuck Lost In Translation and everything to do with it.

Josh Hartnett....Chris Pine....Johnny Depp?

Good lord.

They're all capable of the role.

Archived