Sky Atlantic - New channel starting in February

Zebra Kid Mark

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I watched blue blood and it looks like it is going to be very good, While watching it though it gave me the distinct feeling of Pride and Glory.

I went on the imbd.com and stole this blurb of Pride and Glory

A saga centered on a multi-generational family of New York City Police officers. The family's moral codes are tested when Ray Tierney, investigates a case that reveals an incendiary police corruption scandal involving his own brother-in-law. For Ray, the truth is revelatory, a Pandora's Box that threatens to upend not only the Tierney legacy but the entire NYPD.

• Paid Members

Watched the first episode of Broadwalk Empire last night and was very impressed, it looked stunning and Steve Buscemi is great as Nucky, really looking forward to the rest of the series. Stephen Graham impressed as Al Capone too.

• Paid Members
Unsurprisingly Boardwalk... has been top notch so far, but am I the only one who thinks Kelly Macdonald's Irish accent is completely brutal?

It is an terrible "oiiirrish" accent. Her Irish accent isn't that bad at all in the film Intermission though, so I don't know what happened in between that and this.

Do you know what, I've been paying close attention to her 'Irish' accent and it has a bit of a Geordie twist to it. Sometimes she sounds like that Geordie comedian lass, can't remember her name now. Was on Live at the Apollo

I don't think I've ever heard a yank do a convincing irish accent. Even though half of them claim to be Irish!

Kelly Macdonald is Scottish. I guess it's no wonder her accent isn't great- remember Sean Connery in the Untouchables?? ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Anybody been watching Carnivale? It started last week on Sky Atlantic and after 2 episodes I'm loving it already. My type of show, gripping, weird, different and HBO, all things I love in a TV show.

For those who don't know, it only runs for 2 seasons as it aired originally on HBO in 2003. It's set in the 1920s and is about a travelling circus/carnival/freakshow. Great description I know.

Any one else liking it or seen the whole thing in full? (no spoilers please)

I watched it on DVD, so looking at Wikipedia, that would've been 2005 (S1) and 2006 (S2). So a few months after it had actually finished on US TV, and I knew that was all I was getting. Still sucked once I got to the end though!

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/news/221285/FX-...-heads-line-up/

Having a look at this, seems like it was launched Sept 2004, so a year after US airing.

Even the US airing was a bit odd, with S1 in Sept-Nov 2003, then S2 early 2005. I doubt that gap helped.

• Moderators
Anybody been watching Carnivale? It started last week on Sky Atlantic and after 2 episodes I'm loving it already. My type of show, gripping, weird, different and HBO, all things I love in a TV show.

For those who don't know, it only runs for 2 seasons as it aired originally on HBO in 2003. It's set in the 1920s and is about a travelling circus/carnival/freakshow. Great description I know.

Any one else liking it or seen the whole thing in full? (no spoilers please)

It's one of my top 3 shows ever. Amazing, amazing series.

Mad Men won't come back at all IMO. The main actors will end up becoming film stars and not return, and you can't do the series without Jon Hamm, January Jones and the bird that plays Peggy.

contracts all signed for three more series

series 5 will begin in march 2012 with Jon Hamn directing the first episode

Mad Men won't come back at all IMO. The main actors will end up becoming film stars and not return, and you can't do the series without Jon Hamm, January Jones and the bird that plays Peggy.

Matthew Weiner and Jon Hamm have both signed up for the last 3 seasons. Season 5 due to air in March next year. I'm sure the rest of the cast will sign up, and if a few don't, AMC will be happy because they're looking to cut costs. I'd also dispute the idea that you couldn't do the show without January Jones.

Edit: Ah beaten to it.

Archived