Sky Atlantic - New channel starting in February

Zebra Kid Mark

If they're showing AMC stuff I hope we get the next season of Breaking Bad. I can't fucking wait for that one.

Do FX not have Breaking Bad? Love the show also, couple of episodes through season three.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://tv.sky.com/skyatlantic

Welcome to Sky Atlantic, the home of HBO's world class television.

This exciting new channel will bring you some of the most iconic shows in television, from Tuesday 1st February 2011.

From stunning new epics like the Prohibition-era drama Boardwalk Empire (pictured) directed by Martin Scorsese and fantasy drama Game of Thrones, to classic HBO original series The Sopranos and Six Feet Under, Sky Atlantic features the greatest acting, writing and directing talent from TV and film.

Also debuting on Sky Atlantic will be the seventh series of Entourage, Treme (co-created by David Simon, the brains behind The Wire), new comedy How To Make It In America (from the producers of Entourage), and comedy-drama Weeds.

In the future, the channel will premiere the brand new fifth series of Mad Men, as well as the highly anticipated Kate Winslet mini-series Mildred Pierce.

"This is must-see TV" say GQ, in their 100 Best Things In The World feature

• Awards Moderator

I've never seen any Six Feet Under so I'd be quite happy to catch that if it's on at a good time.

HBO does comedies as well, doesn't it? I think Curb Your Enthusiasm is HBO, but I doubt that'll switch from More 4 ... but I hope Bored To Death is shown. I don't know if Bored To Death's any good, of course, but I'm intrigued by the cast...

Was Oz shot/mastered in HD? Seems too old.

Yeah. But don't Sky also advertise films from the like, the 50s in HD?

Nah it wouldn't be in HD, or even widescreen. The Sopranos, The Wire etc. weren't in HD. In terms of US television its a fairly new development, and stuff from the states isn't in widescreen unless it's in HD (its either HD or the old 4:3), unlike over here.

Whereas older films can always be shown in HD, as the majority (bar TV movies) are designed to be shown on cinema screens, thus need to be downgraded for TV. Hence they can then be downgraded less for HD.

Archived