Best TV twists/cliffhangers?

LaGoosh

I first thought of Lost season 3 too. Possibly the ultimate one for me for all the reasons LaGoosh covered in the original thread. The ending of Twin Peaks was fantastic as well, though I imagine a lot of people watch it already knowing about Dale Cooper being possessed by Bob, but I didn't and it blew me away. Kyle MacLaclan's scary face mugged it beautifully too.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ending of Twin Peaks was fantastic as well, though I imagine a lot of people watch it already knowing about Dale Cooper being possessed by Bob, but I didn't and it blew me away. Kyle MacLaclan's scary face mugged it beautifully too.

Exactly what I was comming on to post, perfect end to the show.

loved the endings to losts 4th and 5th season as well

buffy season 6 final with spike getting his soul

fringe season 1 with the reveal of the world trade centre in the other universe and the season 2 finale with the olivias being swithced were excellent

• Paid Members
Out of Time - Red Dwarf's Season 6 finale.

I was never so excited, disgusted and confused at a TV show, before or since, as I was when the credits rolled . I was literally counting the days to Season 7...

Magnificent. I miss being a kid...

Very true, what about the episode from the same series i think it was, where JFK kills himself. it was comedy gold in that episode, but even though the whole thing was stupidly over the top........when JFK shoots himself and then fades away.....Great crazy twist, and great television.

That and ace rimmer being all alternate versions of rimmer, with the big planetary ring made from dead rimmers, awesome stuff.

I was never so excited, disgusted and confused at a TV show, before or since, as I was when the credits rolled . I was literally counting the days to Season 7...

Very true, what about the episode from the same series i think it was, where JFK kills himself. it was comedy gold in that episode, but even though the whole thing was stupidly over the top........when JFK shoots himself and then fades away.....Great crazy twist, and great television.

That and ace rimmer being all alternate versions of rimmer, with the big planetary ring made from dead rimmers, awesome stuff.

The episode your talking about was series 7 not 6. Just to be pedantic. :p

I remember when the season 6 finale aired... everyone came into school talking about next weeks episode and I got to tell them that we won't know what happened until the next series. The look on their faces was classic! :D

Scary to think that the last series of RedDwarf was well over 10 years now (not including that "Dave" abortion).

• Paid Members

The episode your talking about was series 7 not 6. Just to be pedantic. :p

I remember when the season 6 finale aired... everyone came into school talking about next weeks episode and I got to tell them that we won't know what happened until the next series. The look on their faces was classic! :D

Scary to think that the last series of RedDwarf was well over 10 years now (not including that "Dave" abortion).

Ahhh Very true, (i knew it was 7! i have the series on dvd!), see i enjoyed the dave jobbie.......although it was just a play on an old storyline i suppose. Arent they making a new set of series' for dave? Or did i make that up?

who shot JR?

This will forever be the greatest cliffhanger in television history. Simply cannot be topped.

One of my favourite twists of recent times comes from the fifth season of The Sopranos, when Adriana tells Christopher that she has been giving information to the FBI. After initially reacting violently, as was Christopher's nature, he comes round to the idea of leaving and goes out for some fresh air and cigarettes. Aidriana phones the Fed's and tells them that Christopher has agreed to their plan, but as she packs her bag she receives a phonecall from Tony, who tells her that Christopher is in hospital after a failed suicide attempt. He sends Silvio around to pick her up and then....BAM! there's this wonderful scene where Sil pulls a distraught Adriana from the car, she crawls away through the leaves as two gunshots ring through the air. Brilliant.

• Paid Members
last episode of the 1st series of Ashes to Ashes when it reveals that is was Alex's Dad who blew himself and her mother in the car. It cought me completely by suprized when I first watched it.

He had a rib taken out or something?

Archived