fan suing wwe

xear

Did you all read the sentence "recently had to have surgery on the knee"? Maybe they did not realise at the time that the injury would require surgery 10-11 years later.

I agree with Big Rob. There are plenty cases of stupid reasons to sue for money in the USA but this is not one of them.

Or mebbes the leg's been functioning perfectly well until recently, but suing the lads he plays football against wouldn't be as lucrative as suing a multi-million dollar company and a couple of mega-rich wrestler/actors. Be interesting to know how much sport he's played in the last 10 years.

And let's be fair, a 'crowd surge' resulting in somebody falling on top of you can happen at pretty much any sporting or musical event. Sometimes they result in serious shit that would indeed be cause for looking for negligence, but a knee injury that takes 10 years to reveal itself? I don't think he's got a leg to stand on [/Lee Mack].

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't you sue the woman?

Not necessarily. Her falling her could be accidental as a result of HHH and Rock brawling.

Personally I think this is a bullshit, but on the other hand (a) it can take several years for a ligit medical issue to come to light and (b) Im surprised we havn't seen WWE see more backlash from these sort of "in crowd brawling."

• Paid Members
so if he was injured back then surely his parents could have stuck a law suit against them back then, i bet the wee shite was jumping for joy when the american bad ass showed up.

bloody yanks will sue for anything

Maybe his parents didn't think he should sue. And whilst we don't really know the full story, an injury resulting in leg surgery is hardly just "anything", it's not quite trying to sue McDonalds for the coffee cups not warning that the contents was hot.

Off topic but it bugs me that that story is always used as an example of a frivolous lawsuit. The woman suffered third degree burns and had to get skin grafts. There's no way they should've been serving Coffee THAT hot, especially since they knew full well how dangerous it was.

Anyway, I can't see this suit coming to anything. The guy will have to prove (a) that there was an accident (b) that the damage to his knee was entirely because of it, which will be difficult. If he's done anything physical at all in the previous eleven years then he's got no chance of winning. Given that they made the decision not to sue, his parents would almost certainly be called as witnesses as well.

Besides, even if he could prove conclusively that WWE were at fault, they've got some extremely clever lawyers and they'd make sure he ran out of money before it ever went to court.

Considering the wild out-of-ring brawls in feds like ECW, CZW et al., I'm surprised that the courts are not full of lawsuits against them. However, it is hard to know how the legal system will treat this. A lot depends if they consider wrestling to be a sport or a performance. If it is a performance then they will more likely be liable. As a sport, probably less so, and particularly considering that there was no direct contact.

• Paid Members
It comes down to greed and if you respect the wrestling business, you wouldn't sue a company that you've loved.

The guy was seven at the time? Although not denying greed may be at least partly the motivation in this case.

• Paid Members
It comes down to greed and if you respect the wrestling business, you wouldn't sue a company that you've loved.

Spot on.

and McDonald's Coffee Woman should have remembered all those times she'd enjoyed a meal at their restaraunts and not had her genitalia burnt off.

Considering the wild out-of-ring brawls in feds like ECW, CZW et al., I'm surprised that the courts are not full of lawsuits against them. However, it is hard to know how the legal system will treat this. A lot depends if they consider wrestling to be a sport or a performance. If it is a performance then they will more likely be liable. As a sport, probably less so, and particularly considering that there was no direct contact.

I was just going to say. Some nutjobs going to see this and try something similar with all the indie feds. Can you imagine it? Yes Sabu dived into the crowd and landed on my little toe!? This is totally pathetic.

nodq.com

Earlier this week, wrestling fan Ronald Basham sued WWE, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Paul "Triple H" Levque, claiming he was injured while in the audience at WWE's Judgement Day PPV back in 2000.

During the main event of that show, The Rock battled Triple H in a street fight, with the two wrestlers brawling into the crowd. Basham alleges that he was injured during the brawl and says WWE failed properly provide adequate security for its customers. Both Johnson and Levesque have been accused of “reckless, willful and wanton conduct.” He claims to have suffered lingering injuries over the past decade as a result of the incident and recently had knee surgery, for which he's seeking compensation.

According to TMZ.com, Basham's leg couldn't have been too badly hurt by The Rock and Triple H, because he played high school football and has participated in stock car racing for years. Up until his lawsuit was filed, his Facebook page featured various photos of him raacing cars, including pictures of him crashing into a wall.

Basham's lawyer tells TMZ.com, "He has a long medical history with knee problems and as far as I know his knee was never injured [from racing cars]."

Considering his high school football career and his habit of crashing race cars into walls, it seems he will have a difficult time proving WWE, The Rock and Triple H are the ones responsible for his recent knee surgery.

• Paid Members
nodq.com

Earlier this week, wrestling fan Ronald Basham sued WWE, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Paul "Triple H" Levque, claiming he was injured while in the audience at WWE's Judgement Day PPV back in 2000.

During the main event of that show, The Rock battled Triple H in a street fight, with the two wrestlers brawling into the crowd. Basham alleges that he was injured during the brawl and says WWE failed properly provide adequate security for its customers. Both Johnson and Levesque have been accused of

Here is a video of the kid on local news

http://www.wave3.com/category/195955/video...;autostart=true

This guy is obviously trying to get some money out of WWE

Although surely its his fault as he admits to standing on a chair and then falling off the chair, so the injury is the fault of the parents for allowing him to put himself in a dangerous position.

Archived