RIP HMV

WWEFan1980

Sorry I write in short-hand it was part of my old job. I did have a few afternoon alcaholic drinks earlier this afternoon l am sorry People, just had a few hours sleep and am sober now.

Laughing My Ass Off HMV cannot compete with the internet.

Why did they not listen ten years ago?

Well what do u expect THIRTY pounds for a wrestling DVD set where its THIRTEEN pounds via the silver vision website.

I wonder why not enough DVD's are selling because people like me know their prices not go in and do not care about what they spend knowing those customers will be connect out of the cost of another DVD.

Whereas on Silver Vision you can buy two DVD's from the site and one in the shop does they think I am a MUG?

Thats the truth.

60 stores to close hahahahha DILLIGAF

"not selling enough of them" I wonder why? I already answered that question.

HMV are rip off merchants goodbye to them I will not miss them i mean look at CDs you bought from HMV ten years ago they aren't much more these days try me.

I always shop around/buy online some examples...

Arrow release of dawn of the dead ...

• Paid Members

Yeah lots of people are going to be out of work LMFAO! :rolleyes: And I wouldn't break out the party poppers just yet mate, because judging by your spelling and grammar skills those future endeavored HMV employee's will be pushing you to the back of the line when McDonald's start hiring again.

Now that's the truth.

Yeah lots of people are going to be out of work LMFAO! :rolleyes: And I wouldn't break out the party poppers just yet mate, because judging by your spelling and grammar skills those future endeavored HMV employee's will be pushing you to the back of the line when they McDonald's start hiring again.

Now that's the truth.

Harsh, but probably true.

WTF? Sorry but HMV are not dead, they are closing a number of stores and cutting back because of the poor Christmas takings, something like 13% down from last year U heard on the news.

And your totally ignorant, they charge the higher prices JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER DAMN HIGH STREET STORE. Websites simply charge less because they don't have the same huge overheads as highstreet stores.

Don't even get me started on all the people who will loose jobs.

Bloody ignorant.

Can't say I'm surprised HMV stuff is really over priced compared to Play and Amazon. The thing is people like to go to the shops, it's still popular so if they just got there prices in line they would continue to thrive.

I also think with HMV being the last big music and dvd store and going then will Play and Amazon suddenly get more expensive?

Can't say I'm surprised HMV stuff is really over priced compared to Play and Amazon. The thing is people like to go to the shops, it's still popular so if they just got there prices in line they would continue to thrive.

I also think with HMV being the last big music and dvd store and going then will Play and Amazon suddenly get more expensive?

Yes, by about

I think the weather this year also really effected sales as a big portion of people probably didn't go out and as people have said opted to do their Christmas shopping and Boxing day sale shopping online instead of going out in the ice and the cold weather.

I know what people are saying about prices being cheaper online but HMV do have some good offers at times and before Christmas they had a decent amount of 3 set WWE dvds half price at the Market Street HMV in Manchester, a few of which I couldn't let pass me by.

The Boxing day sales weren't great there this year but I did pick up a few very nice offers, saving nearly

• Paid Members

Steve - is that you...?!

What an awful post.

Anyway...HMV will be just fine. Bar a few exceptions (box sets and special editions mainly) most of their prices are only a couple of pounds more expensive than Play.com which for the luxury of getting it right away most people are happy to pay a little bit extra.

Yeah HMV is far from dead, and sometimes prices are a bit high, but then sometimes they actually have cheaper stuff that thier online rivals. Its all about shopping around. TBH I think half of the HMV troubles was the shit weather and the rest is just a decline.

Also 20 of those 60 stores closing are Waterstones so I feel bad for them too...always liked HMV and Waterstones as shops.

I like HMV for getting DVDs rather than buying them online largely because as martygnr says, you get the DVD straight away rather than having to wait for it to arrive by post - and that's providing Royal Mail or whoever is delivering it actually get it to you in the first place.

Archived