now TNA PPV & TNA Xplosion gone from uk tv

michael21

• Paid Members
Sky never air any first run shows on Sky 2 or Sky 3. Both those channels are effectively 'catch up services' for shows that originally aired on Sky One.

A show like TNA Impact, that they've specifically kept because it attacts a consistent audience, is unlikely to be given away on Freeview.

There are rumours floating around on satellite tv forums that Sky 3 may be closing down this year too, with Sky placing emphasis on Sky One, Sky Atlantic and Sky Living.

Sheffbag, there has never actually been any confirmation that such a clause exists, either at all or on Sky Sports, because no non-WWE wrestling company has managed to get a spot with Sky before.

Thanks Classics, i know it is an urban myth but not sure if it is correct.

This is correct. No such clause would be in existence, though wwe are one of sky's continued long term content providers, and to be fair, its a financially mutually beneficial arrangement, so there is almost no chance they would risk pissing them off to re-home TNA on Sky sports or Sky 1.

However, there would be no such concern sticking it, as I mentioned previously, on one of the new Living platforms, likely the one more targeted at men, which will likely launch in the next few months after Sky Atlantic launches (not to detract attention), possibly as a replacement for channel 1.

In the interim, I would be unsurprised to see it tossed around various late night slots on Living, and various other lesser sky channels.

Or to see Sky drop it entirely. An option still open to them, and to be fair a very realistic possibility if they aren't marking it as a primetime priority. I am aware it rates well, but without the potential sponsorship and promotion tie ins its nowhere near as valuable to sky as wwe, and without a permanent home it may prove a deal not worth doing for Sky.

It is featured both in Sky's statement and also on the Website as one of the prime Bravo shows that will be re-housed.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but it doesn't say where. I was merely pointing out they may have no immediate home for it, and its not beyond the realms of possibility that they may drop it entirely if they can't accomodate it. Sky would currently be under no obligation to take TNA on their channels at this stage. Feel free to choose not believe that it's a possibility, I hope it doesn't happen, it probably won't be dropped, but TNA's future on SKY is not 100% assured beyond a short term run.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well i have just seen this week impact for free :thumbsup:

Yes, available via TNA's own website. That was the case last week too.

TNA Impact, Xplosion and TNA ppvs aren't on UKTV though.

No this weeks impact is not on the TNA On Demand yet but i seen it and it not bad a shock new match made for sundays PPV jj not going to like it :)

TNA have announced Genesis will be available to UK viewers via tnaondemand for just $34.95!!!!!!! A big fuck off and fuck you to that TNA.

It also looks like PPVs will be on Sky in the future but we have more chance of England getting the World Cup than Sky announcing the TNA deal at the moment.

TNA have announced Genesis will be available to UK viewers via tnaondemand for just $34.95!!!!!!! A big fuck off and fuck you to that TNA.

It also looks like PPVs will be on Sky in the future but we have more chance of England getting the World Cup than Sky announcing the TNA deal at the moment.

.Sunday's Genesis PPV will air online at TNAONDEMAND.COM for fans in the U.S., Canada and UK:

http://twitter.com/tnadixie

not just the uk this has nothink to do with the uk tv deal for ppv

Did you read the fucking article? It adds no new information, all it says is what Sky have already stated, which is that TNA will be back on SOME channel.

I'd be very very, very suprised if TNA ended up on Sky1.

Looking at the BARB viewing figures, iMPACT! was regularly pulling in around 80,000 viewers per show, making it usually the 2nd highest show on the channel. To get into the top ten shows on Sky1, you'll have to look at pulling in 300,000 - 400,000 on a show.

Living would be the most likely home, even then, their 10th highest rating show is pulling in 120,000 - 130,000.

TNA's PPV's on Extreme Sports was pulling 10,000 - 14,000 viewers regularly so not sure it makes sense to air that on the same channel as iMPACT, the channel would have to go big on advertising to get it higher.

I'd be very very, very suprised if TNA ended up on Sky1.

Looking at the BARB viewing figures, iMPACT! was regularly pulling in around 80,000 viewers per show, making it usually the 2nd highest show on the channel. To get into the top ten shows on Sky1, you'll have to look at pulling in 300,000 - 400,000 on a show.

Living would be the most likely home, even then, their 10th highest rating show is pulling in 120,000 - 130,000.

TNA's PPV's on Extreme Sports was pulling 10,000 - 14,000 viewers regularly so not sure it makes sense to air that on the same channel as iMPACT, the channel would have to go big on advertising to get it higher.

True.... but Sky have to show Impact somewhere. And there's not many channels where TNA would fit in.

Also, TNA Impact was doing just 38000 on Bravo 2, and was still moved to Bravo 1.

Sometimes a show's figures can grow, and being in the top 10 each week isn't the be all and end all; it can be the demographic that it draws that sometimes makes it valuable to advertisers.

Its seems Xplosion is off TV everywhere. I usually watch Xplosion on Youtube but there hasn't been a new episode uploaded since Xmas Eve. The last one I saw had Magnus v Dreamer as the main event and the crowd were chanting "Harry Potter" at Magnus.

Its seems Xplosion is off TV everywhere. I usually watch Xplosion on Youtube but there hasn't been a new episode uploaded since Xmas Eve. The last one I saw had Magnus v Dreamer as the main event and the crowd were chanting "Harry Potter" at Magnus.

Wow, what a lame chant. He looks nothing like Potter; that must have been the only British person they could think of.

Archived